Performance Improvements

I dont think I could stand a SMF. My car rattles enough with solid engine mounts lol.

I'm running 225bhp and 370lbft with the updated dmf.

Been pondering over what I'm to do with a dmf/dmf when the time comes to crank the power up more.... Do you mean upRated DMF?

Slightly off-topic now that you have bought one, but the Forge is useless at anything above a remap stage. I had a PD150 hybrid setup and pulled 220bhp on the rollers. Next run I was down to 170bhp!! I fitted an Airtec kit and to my surprise I genuinely noticed a BIG difference in performance. Fantastic bit of kit!

I'd also argue that an exhaust is definitely necessary at above 220bhp levels. I know that Kev's GTB1756 started to over-boost as soon as he had a smaller back-box put in his. Hence it was being restricted.

Clutch wise have you thought of an Xman one? I have one I'll be fitting in a few weeks. They are said to keep a very standard pedal weight and still retain a DMF. I'm running approx. 260bhp at the moment and my standard DMF is still fine - so don't listen to those that say it won't take it.

I would honestly avoid a Helix unless you have legs like tree trunks. I drove Danham's old one with that setup and it was really heavy - it would be genuinely awful in traffic.

• Like 2

I have the sachs paddle clutch and dmf and it's awesome. Will take abuse all day long.

I also see your in Reigate, I'm from croydon so jot at at all. If you ever wanted to try my clutch out your more than welcome to pop down.

Could you post a link to the clutch you have please??

I haven't bought a Forge intercooler, i went with the Darkside kit posted above. :thumbup:

I don't think the heavy clutch will be an issue for me. :D

You might think that, but as a daily driver they drive you mad!

• Like 2

I come from driving peugeot 306's, there standard clutches are heavier than these uprated ones lol

I never found my 306 bad at all. Worst I had was my R5GTT uprated clutch in my Mk1 Clio. Damn thing was like an on/off switch!

Helix is fairly heavy on the Fabia I'd say. It's good from the point of clutch 'feel' when driving spiritedly, but annoying otherwise IMO.

I never found my 306 bad at all. Worst I had was my R5GTT uprated clutch in my Mk1 Clio. Damn thing was like an on/off switch!

Helix is fairly heavy on the Fabia I'd say. It's good from the point of clutch 'feel' when driving spiritedly, but annoying otherwise IMO.

Your lucky then I had 3. All different phases and engines. The way they routes the clutch cable meant the engine heat dried it out over time and went bloody stiff lol.

Slightly off-topic now that you have bought one, but the Forge is useless at anything above a remap stage. I had a PD150 hybrid setup and pulled 220bhp on the rollers. Next run I was down to 170bhp!! I fitted an Airtec kit and to my surprise I genuinely noticed a BIG difference in performance. Fantastic bit of kit!

I'd also argue that an exhaust is definitely necessary at above 220bhp levels. I know that Kev's GTB1756 started to over-boost as soon as he had a smaller back-box put in his. Hence it was being restricted.

Clutch wise have you thought of an Xman one? I have one I'll be fitting in a few weeks. They are said to keep a very standard pedal weight and still retain a DMF. I'm running approx. 260bhp at the moment and my standard DMF is still fine - so don't listen to those that say it won't take it.

I would honestly avoid a Helix unless you have legs like tree trunks. I drove Danham's old one with that setup and it was really heavy - it would be genuinely awful in traffic.

I agree with the fmic if your thinking of taking on a track day it's just not going to cope, however I found with opening up crash bar and wide mouth it helped temps and now I get upto about 30-40c when going through all gears from 2nd into 6th before the temps were worse so I wouldn't recommend the forge fmic unless it's cheap and you plan to do mods like me.

Exhaust wise I disagree, that because you haven't relieved back pressure by adjusting veins on the turbo thus the n75 is maxing out its available scope to meet its requested boost. I had the same issue my n75 was maxing out, so adjusted the viens and has scope now to reduce/increase boost without being on high limit this is at 2.1 bar 230 bhp, I will say as far as veins adjustment it's at 95pc so not really much adjustment left I think it would be maxed out (both n75 adjustment/stop screw) above 2.2 bar hence need for a bigger exhaust.

Clutch wise I've got the helix Smf yes it's noisey I'd say borderline annoying, shims will help I've been told but also read it's the most robust and likely won't destroy gear boxes if your rough, would I install this clutch again... No its actually degrades the car slightly, radio on no problem, radio off annoying. It's not that tough to use in my opinion.

Is anybody able to help with the above please??

Exhaust is already here.