Was a manual boot release an optional extra?

Don't think it's an optional extra, more different for each spec level.

Usually classic or lower spec models have the leaver. I think it's in relation to central locking and the 3 button flip key.

Ah, I think the plan is, drop back seat down, remove any hatch cover screws and yank the cover off!  Current Ibiza has a slot and lever arrangement, when having this problem, I think that you are meant to poke car key (or something else if at home) into the slot and slid to one side - hatch now open!

Pretty sure the fabia has that method too. There looks to be something that a key how's into

There's an orange lever thingy on the latch for emergency opening.

You fold the back seats down and take off the plastic trim covering the latch and use a screwdriver to move the orange lever shown in this pic at the bottom right...

820259306_tp.jpg

My boot lock stopped working the other day. Not so easy to open the boot when you have a ladder and tool kit in it! Mines a bohemia and doesn't have the lever but the attachments to fit it are on the lower bit of the lock along with the lock opening solenoid. Only 2 buttons on the key fob. Thinking broken wire so will need to chase bit it doesn't look an easy fix!

i was confused as ive only ever found the vRS's dont have these leavers, My Elegance has it, my Comfort fabias had it, and a few classics i have worked on had them too.

most peculiar. 

The best feature which only the elegance has, over any model including the vRS, is not the heated seats or the optional beige interior, but the drivers door arm rest....

on the elegance models it got a foam pad in it rather than a hard plastic trim.

:D

• Like 1

The best feature which only the elegance has, over any model including the vRS, is not the heated seats or the optional beige interior, but the drivers door arm rest....

yeah, but the downside is the stick men :D

I did a temporary repair to mine today till I can check the wiring. Put a bike brake lever on the dog guard then a brake cable to the lock so can open the tailgate without going through the seats and emptying the boot that way!

• Like 4

I did a temporary repair to mine today till I can check the wiring. Put a bike brake lever on the dog guard then a brake cable to the lock so can open the tailgate without going through the seats and emptying the boot that way!

Good bodge :D

Great! After putting the solenoid back on after testing it the lock started working normally! Going to leave the bodge in place incase. Also going to be hard to find what wire it is if it's an intermittent fault!!

Not on all of them, mine never had this and i had the mystic beige interior with stick men!

yeah, but the downside is the stick men :D

Downside? They were awesome, i classed them as my car buddies  :D

The stick men! What were they thinking?!?

People need friends on long journeys obviously  :p

• Like 1

Ill try and attempt this at some point this weekend. It seems simple enough i've got the old fabia to get an idea of where to run the cable, its just a matter of taking aspects of the carpet up i suppose!

Ill try document it if possible.

• Like 1

Finished installing this, turns out the boot mechanism is still rigged up to take the cable u just need to run it to the drivers side. Mechanism needs swapping with another model as there's only one lever and u need two. Along with this on the one I ported from an elegance fabia I needed to bore out the hole for the cable to rest in as the fuel side has a smaller diameter hole to rest the cable in. All in all an easy job but the plastics are a pain to remove ideally I think seat removal would be best for access. I didn't do this and as such warped part of the plastic but hey its in and works.

• Like 1

Don't think it's an optional extra, more different for each spec level.

Usually classic or lower spec models have the leaver. I think it's in relation to central locking and the 3 button flip key.

It's not in relation to the 3 button flip key! My Elegance spec had the lever for the boot by the drivers seat but Skoda never did the 3 button flip key on the early Fabias. I converted my two button to three button later on, very easy to do & sync with the car!