Alarm problem help!

Hi,

My car alarm keep going off all the time. Its like its sensitive to even to a gush of wind or a leaf landing on it and it will go off. The alarm will go off and I can see the hazard lights flashing as well hearing the alarm sound then the sound will go away and I can just see the hazard lights. The problem goes away once I press my remote central locking key.

Please advise.

• Administrators

Hi,

My car alarm keep going off all the time. Its like its sensitive to even to a gush of wind or a leaf landing on it and it will go off. The alarm will go off and I can see the hazard lights flashing as well hearing the alarm sound then the sound will go away and I can just see the hazard lights. The problem goes away once I press my remote central locking key.

Please advise.

Our neighbours does this... it's faulty, they got it fixed by a local garage. Our old shop alarm used to go off with spiders, but a Jotne got annoyed and squished it.

Suggest not using the * so much and the remote lock icon more, oh and ... 

Suggest you don't leave yourself in transmit mode ;)

I would suggest getting the car scanned with diagnostic equipment such as VCDS, if no faults are found then get the measuring blocks checked, there should be one that will list the last 5 alarm sources.  If it's all the same source, then it's a first place to look.

It could be as simple as a change in interior air pressure setting off the ultrasonics, try closing the air vents when parking.

what alarms me about this, are the amount of hidden posts in this topic, it must be the hot weather making everyone cranky as it is certainly not the behavior that I'd expect on this forum.

• Like 1

Without

I would suggest getting the car scanned with diagnostic equipment such as VCDS, if no faults are found then get the measuring blocks checked, there should be one that will list the last 5 alarm sources.  If it's all the same source, then it's a first place to look.

It could be as simple as a change in interior air pressure setting off the ultrasonics, try closing the air vents when parking.

what alarms me about this, are the amount of hidden posts in this topic, it must be the hot weather making everyone cranky as it is certainly not the behavior that I'd expect on this forum.

What do you mean by measuring blocks?