Bolero to Columbus

I know that this has been covered in various forms before, but I have a few questions.

1.  I'll need a new trim (1Z0858069BH2AU for my SE FL Octy2)

2.  Is the latest version/model of Columbus the best one to go for?  LED vs LCD, SSD vs HDD, etc

3.  It is a right PITA to fit a proper GPS aerial base, or will a cheap unit on the dash at the front work just as well?

4.  If I wanted to sell my Bolero how do I get the code for it?

5.  Likewise, how did you make a new/second hand Columbus work in a different car?

Later on, I'd like to replace my Parrot kit with the BT module (+£100ish?), and maybe add a reversing camera, but those aren't currently in scope.

When I look on ebay, I see a lot of "nearly new" units from Latvia, or other foreign places.... like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-COLUMBUS-RNS-510-LED-SAT-NAV-DVD-MP3-VERSION-K-SW-5270-3T0035680K-V12-MAPS-/131547369676  or should I try and find a UK seller?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks Mike.  Unit now ordered, hopefully it will turn up before I am due to go away for a week!  I'll get onto the dealer about a code for my current Bolero unit with a view to selling it on, to help offset the upgrade cost.

I've got VCDS, although I haven't done much with it, other can scan for fault codes yet, so sure I can do the CAN bus navigation setting as long as I know which tick box I need to toggle.

Go to 19: CAN Gateway and tick the 'Navigation' box (47 IIRC).

That's about it.

If you have Maxidot you may need to change the communication protocol in order to get it to show in the display.

Thanks guys :-)

Once this is sorted, it will DRL & a towbar, maybe some rear window tints and washer fluid sensor.  haha, this is just like having a mk1.... tinkering all the way to the grave/scrap yard!