Aftermarket reversing sensor recommendations for a Fabio II Combi

Hello

My mum wants reversing sensors fitted to her Fabia II Combi.

Has anyone here done a reversing sensor retrofit to a Combi? Also, is there a preferred make of aftermarket reversing sensors that people here recommend (don't know how much the genuine ones are, or how easy they are to retrofit).

Thanks

Chris

There was a set on ebay brand new for about 100 quid genuine aswell

Only genuine new complete kit I can currently on eBay is over £200. Not paying that. I would pay £100 for a genuine new retrofit kit (but won't buy a used kit).

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Recently fitted generic ones from ebay to a 61 plate estate, checked first that they would not affect/be affected by the electro-wizardry (canbus??) in the car.  I chose paintable ones, which come in matt black, and I sprayed and lacquered them before fitting.  Total cost around £30, including paint, plus about 3 hours of my time, and look like OEM.

I'd done the same to the previous hatchback Fabia we'd owned.

Edited by Baxlin

Cool - got a link to the ones you went for please?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Most of the eBay kits sre fine and do a fine job. They are surface mount though and look a bit aftermarket if being very critical.

If you wanted the oem look then look at the laserline kit. As they sit within and are flush mounted.

The final option is buy the oem kit and retrofit and connect into canbus so it appears on head unit and mutes volume when reversing.

Ive got a 'spare' laserline kit i will soon be advertising. Pm me if interested. Its would be about at £60.00

• Like 1

Most of the eBay kits sre fine and do a fine job. They are surface mount though and look a bit aftermarket if being very critical.

If you wanted the oem look then look at the laserline kit. As they sit within and are flush mounted.

The final option is buy the oem kit and retrofit and connect into canbus so it appears on head unit and mutes volume when reversing.

Ive got a 'spare' laserline kit i will soon be advertising. Pm me if interested. Its would be about at £60.00

Not sure what you mean by 'surface mounted' these are not the stick-on ones with visible wires,but the kit comes complete with hole cutter for the bumper ( mounting points are marked inside the bumper, helpfully ), so they are quite flush with the surface, if slightly larger than the OEM ones on my Merc, I haven't seen OEM ones on a Fabia to compare

However, if the LASERLINE kit offered here plugs into the canbus and plays through the car's OE head unit, I'd snap it up at £60, the ebay ones I bought transmit wirelessly to a small discreet , but loud! - dash top mounted display, which is sited between the instrument binnacle and the A pillar. If I can work out how to post pics I will do so

Malcolm

Edited by Baxlin

Do you have a part number or link for the OEM kit that you used?

Thanks