replacing steering wheel badge

Can't be done (safely) as far as I know.  

Even if you could get the badge off without damaging the pre-weakened lines on the bag cover (I believe it is riveted on), you then need to consider how to secure the badge such that with all the unexpected forces during bag deployment it doesn't turn sideways and become a perfect carotid artery severing device...

Let us know if the badge fits, this is the only green badge remaining in my car, I even considered fitting a 60mm wheel sticker there, far less expensive but a bit too large and would require some careful foam padding underneath.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link, though I think in this case a correctly sized gel or alu badge is the sensible choice, at least when compared to the "Danish airbag massacre"  :p  described in the PDF, or to the EUR90 option of getting a new cover (and still messing a lot with the airbag). Gel badge is lightweight and unlikely to cause injury if airbag is deployed.

Edit:what is the exact size of Superb's steering wheel logo? If it is indeed 45mm, I found 4 for lower price on Ebay.

Edited by dieselV6

I think the gel badges are going to look, well, a bit naff if I"m honest. :)

Save your money for the next thing to break instead (there will be a next thing... lol)

Hehe I dont know if you said to me, but if you closely look at link that I was posted, you will see that this badges are made from metal, and IMHO it will look cool :)