Water Ingres Problem

I love driving my Superb , but this monsoon all that charm was gone, when I saw that water logging in the driver and co drive footwell .. I never expected this kind of problem from a product of this car maker . I could observe that both sides on the windscreen the side fabric starting from mid window ( driver and co driver side is wet) and water continues to drop from both side .. Did anyone else had this problem and how did it get fixed ?

If you can see water marks halfway up each side of you windscreen, I'd check to see if your sunroof drains are blocked first, then investigate how well your windscreen is sealed to the car.

Do a search and I am afraid you will not like what you find. It is the pit fall that does not differ what ever MK1 you have, sorry.

Isn't it funny how the pollen filter seal was a known issue on my old B5 Passat and was fixed free by VW before my Superb was even born, yet they still used the same crappy foam in the Superb.  Wanton sabotage?

Gaz

• Like 1

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/152490-water-ingress-problemsolved/

I think we all, at some point, suffer with this, 

The trick is to do the repair BEFORE the car has leaked!

I have now owned 2 MKI Superbs and neither have leaked... because i resealed them before they leaked, this is the trick... ALL MKI Superbs (and B5 B5.5 Passats) WILL leak if you do not rectify this problem, the only question is WHEN will they leak.

• Like 1

If you can see water marks halfway up each side of you windscreen, I'd check to see if your sunroof drains are blocked first, then investigate how well your windscreen is sealed to the car.

Isn't it funny how the pollen filter seal was a known issue on my old B5 Passat and was fixed free by VW before my Superb was even born, yet they still used the same crappy foam in the Superb. Wanton sabotage?

Gaz

Yes Gaz and SUK still deny there is an issue to this day! Wanton revenue generator could be closer to the truth?