WRC changes for 2017

Girardi

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july/wrc-tech-rules/page/2586--12-12-.html

In a nutshell - More power, more aero.

Wrong direction IMHO. WRC in its 90's/00's glory days was fantastic and I followed in religiously, as did many others. Attracting a more diverse set of works teams and a pile of talented drivers is the way forward, not this.

The appeal of rally is watching recognisable cars being driven on the edge by skilled people. The recent changes have just been to take away a lot of that and this is like the next step.

I was hopeful they'd be announcing something to reinvigorate my favourite sport but it turns out they really want to kill it off...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So me and the missus are flying / car hiring off in the morning, to have a cracking weekend watching this,http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august-2016/germany-route/page/3809--12-12-.html

Sampling the hospitality, local vino and hopefully some great food.

VW win 2016 before the aforementioned changes ?

Edited by vrskeith

So me and the missus are flying / car hiring off in the morning, to have a cracking weekend watching this,http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august-2016/germany-route/page/3809--12-12-.html

Sampling the hospitality, local vino and hopefully some great food.

VW win 2016 before the aforementioned changes ?

We are staying in Saarburg for the week.

Our first look at WRC. Excited. Think it will be great.

Keep eyes open for white Superb Twindoor.

Hello kevberlin,

We are flying into Frankfurt tomorrow morning, then hiring a Merc C class across the weekend. We drive just southwest of Trier at a Vineyard Hotel in the village of Nttel.

As your are excited and really looking forward to the Rally and location. In all the 100,000+crowed ,we may see you.

Enjoy.look forward to your comments, post event.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Keith.

Enjoy your break too.

There is a shakedown tomorrow morning at Konz that we will go to, just to get the feel of things.

Must say, Saarburg is a top place.

Kev

We really enjoyed morning and late afternoon / evening stages today. No Merc C class at Frankfurt yesterday but we both like the Volvo SUV very much, probably a better option as it happens. Got some pic,I'll sort out when we are home next. Very good stages due Saturday,bloody long day due.

We really enjoyed morning and late afternoon / evening stages today. No Merc C class at Frankfurt yesterday but we both like the Volvo SUV very much, probably a better option as it happens. Got some pic,I'll sort out when we are home next. Very good stages due Saturday,bloody long day due.

Got to say that the Rhineland is one hell of a fantastic place for the WRC. Stages bloody quick, exciting and yet full of incidents, in an absolutely beautiful landscaped, full of gorgeous vistas. The hardware being tossed around was pretty good too. Sufficed to say ,we bloody loved it- well done ADAC!! 

I want to see what Capito brings to McLaren as CEO F1.

Eric Boullier runs the team damn well, and Capito replaces Johnathon Neale who is promoted out but has been low profile to say the least since Martin Whitmarsh got the bullet in Ron's coup.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The whole thing of Manufacturer's Teams running AWD small hatches that are not available as AWD road vehicles to the general public is odd with VW (Polo), Skoda (Fabia), Ford (Fiesta) etc.

Junior FWD cars in motorsport i can understand if that is their bread and butter vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...