Hi, i have a 2006 model skoda superb.

Recently there has been a light flashing on the dash (i believe its the glow plug light) and i dont know what this means. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Also recently under light braking there is a grinding which seems to almost push the pedal back up. I have no ABS warning lights on or anythin else so again can anyone shed any light on that?

All help is much appreciated

Phil

Engine model? Have you got the manual? (I think there is a link in the sticky at the top of the forum to download it as PDF) - it will be in there. One of the reasons for glow plug light on 2.0 diesel I recall is DPF needing some sort of attention.

The link to the manual is here:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Superb_3U/05-2007/Manual/Superb/B5_Superb_OwnersManual.pdf

I am pretty sure that glowplug light alone indicates you need more fluid in the DPF fluid reservoir (in the spare wheel well).  There are lots of combinations of lights with the glow plug light which mean various things.  You need to get it scanned to be sure.

Don't ignore the warning.  If it is caused by low DPF fluid, without the fluid in the tank your DPF will clog and then you'll be facing more problems and cost.

... it means several things, without getting the car scanned we are all just guessing.

But I like guessing games  :notme:  :blush:

Gaz

A good independent could do it cheaper, or DIY if you are that way inclined (hard to advise as don't know you!).  But your first step is to get the car scanned and find out what it wants...! :)

There is a long thread on DPF fluid here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/291834-dpf-top-up-flashing-glow-plug-warning/?p=3468568

RUN AWAY from anyone who mentions ADBLUE fluid - it is wrong for this car and means they don't really know what they are doing.  It will be over £100 in fluid I believe, so you want to be sure that is what is needed...

I have no practical experience of this system as I have the 1.9PD engine without DPF.  As you have the 2.0 you might want to read some of the threads on oil pump problems, which may affect you in future.