Eibach Pro Kit affects Xenon Autolevel?

Hello all,

Probably it was discussed in other topics but after a quick search didn't manage to find an answer to my question. 

So, I want to lower my cat a bit, due to the fact that I will upgrade from 17" to 18". Eibach Pro Kit seems to be the best solution. Don't want to go lower than 30 mm. I have OEM xenon. Does this upgrade affect in any way the autolevel of the xenons? 

From what I've understood, changing the whole suspension kit affects it in a way.. 

Edited by emipop2005

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, it shouldn't effect them as the xenon load sensor is on the arm but worse case basic setting the headlight aim is a doddle on vag-com or some snap on scanners and a headlamp alignment tool

• 8 months later...

Recently I've swapped the stock coilovers with adjustable ones. The drop is about 2.3". The problem is now that the xenon autolevel is not working anymore and everytime I start the car, the lights failure error appears. Any solutions to this problem??? :( 

Have you tried doing the basic settings procedure in VCDS?  Maybe that will help.

Yep. Didn't worked. Tried all kind of adaptations with the VCDS but none of them worked.. The Xenon sensor is out of range. The problem is the rod from the sensor. Now that the car is lowered, the actual rod is too long and that's why it's going out of range. If I want the sensor back in range, I will need to buy shorter rods for the sensor. The problem is that I have no idea from where.. 

Edited by emipop2005

Exactly which fault codes are you getting?

I have currently been battling with this a little on a member's car (and my own, after trying to successfully replicate the issue!).  I think I understand a little what happens.

We both have stock suspension Edition 100's, and neither car will go through the basic settings process correctly - you always end up with an error message displayed when going to group 1 or 2.

If you put the car into the mode for doing the Xenon adjust procedure (engine off, handbrake off, level surface, lights off), and then go into measuring blocks 2, you should be able to see the voltage readouts for the level sensors front and back.  The procedure cannot complete correctly with either of these sensors outside the range of 1.7-3.5V. according to VCDS config  (you will just see errors when you go to basic settings, and if you press go you will end up with the lights failure message stuck on your dash, and fault 01539 logged).  It seems like in actual fact there is a bit of tolerance on these values as I can get mine to go through at 1.62V on the rear.

On both of our cars the sensors in the resting position are out of range when compared to the desired range of 1.7 - 3.5V.  On mine, just the rear is out - my driver side has always sat a little low, I guess it is a bit sagged on that side.  Putting the scissor jack at the driver side rear and jacking very slightly (just raising the car maybe 1cm) is enough to get the process done.  On his the front is also quite out, not tried fixing his yet.

So if you just want to clear the fault code and stop the lights making the ranging fault noise every time you start the car - you need to do whatever it takes to get the sensors in the correct operating range, and then run the procedure.  If you watch the measuring blocks and then adjust the vehicle height you'll be able to see the change in values.  Once you are in the range go through the procedure.  I believe it should then "stick" and the error won't be displayed again.  The problem is that if you hack it like this, then actually your vehicle will always be reading out of position when you remove the jack etc, so it will be adjusting your lights either up or down in the flat position, which may make your lights dazzling / too low).

If you can't do it by jacking / riding kerbs etc, and ultimately if you want the lights in the correct position at resting, it sounds like you have to modify the brackets - again by watching the live data it should be possible to work out how much to modify the brackets.  I think you just need to get them into the correct range of values to perform the adjustment procedure, and then it will learn that position.

Anyway, the key step is to look at the measuring blocks; only by looking at them will you be able to see which sensor you have a problem with, and work out the adjustment necessary to get the controller to go through the basic settings procedures correctly.

Edited by jimbof