hi guys

For a Scout (or Octavia II) what would be sensible wheel offsets?

Current wheels are 7J x 17 ET50, and wondered what scope there is to fit another set of 17" wheels in terms of offset?

What are the offset min/max values that wouldn't affect the car inner/outer clearances?

cheers

What width are you thinking of going to?

And what do you mean by "sensible"?

remembering that 7.5" ET45 is different from 8" ET45...

7.5" ET45 fit under the front & rears with room to spare but look pretty good (to my eye).

8" ET35 fits really nicely under the rear guard but pokes about 6mm on the front - some like that, some think it a bit naff. 8" ET43 is pretty well dead level with the guard.

Spacers are OK in Britain aren't they?  Maybe have a play with them?

Thanks for the reply. Was just looking at what ET options are suitable. I'm aware of the differences in wheel width /offset. Looking to buy a set of 17 alloys for winter and wanted OEM Skoda/VW/Audi/Seat alloys and knowing what offsets won't cause any problems. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

In OEM just about anything will fit... because it's OEM.

Even the Audi TT17x8.5 ET50 will fit under the guards (a guy I know runs them on his Octy2 & says there is plenty of room although I haven't seen them in the flesh).

If you use that as a sensible maximum then you can work out what else does the job.

17x7.5 ET45 (Audi rims)

IMAG0632_zpsaqjhqect.jpg

rear

IMAG0633_zps7loqtj6b.jpg

IMAG0634_zpsijmxssnn.jpg

IMAG0274_zps56b1041e.jpg

IMAG0276_zpsc123566a.jpg

17x8 ET35

SDC10910.jpg

Edited by brad1.8T

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking around and considering a set of Tiguan "Boston" alloys for winter -

5N0601025C

5 x 112

7 x 17 ET43

57.1 centre bore

Given my current Scout wheels are 7 x 17 ET50, any reason why these wouldn't be OK?

cheers

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this - ended up getting a set of Skoda Yeti Dolimite alloys pretty close to standard Scout wheels @ 7x17 ET45.

They look good and suit the car well.

Fitted with Dunlop Winter Sport 4D's.