Help for possible engine in Reims, France

Car is booked to come home at a cost of 782. They didn't tell me before I booked it that it would be 10-14 days. I will now have to pay storage costs until they pick it up as well. Once it's back I can have a look at it and see what's wrong.

last post should of read you may need to find me a B+B don't mind coming down to help  you out on my way to somerset  and yes I know the difference in miles used to go to a factory in chaily  also the McLaren  workshop near brighton 

Car is back now. Not sure how bad its gonna be. Put some oil in the engine and pulled it into the driveway. Was a small amount of white smoke or something out of the exhaust. The lorry diver noticed it. It was hardly much at all. I think that it may be bad news.

When it got back I put some oil in the top of the engine to drive it into the driveway. The garage in France seemed to have cleared all the fault codes (slightly annoying) but I can't get any from diags. Car is seeming to run OK.

So far I have an oil light on after running idle for around ten mins and coolant light(known previously)

Either my app is rubbish, but I'm not getting any faults on it

When it got back I put some oil in the top of the engine to drive it into the driveway. The garage in France seemed to have cleared all the fault codes (slightly annoying) but I can't get any from diags. Car is seeming to run OK.

So far I have an oil light on after running idle for around ten mins and coolant light(known previously)

Either my app is rubbish, but I'm not getting any faults on it

BTW. I wouldn't expect any fault codes for this as the oil pump/strainer is a mechanical part.

The problem is when you have big end / main bearing failure things can be fine on starting until the oil gets hot and thinner then things rapidly go down hill.

I had this years ago on a Datsun 100A. Engine failed due to a cooling issue that poluted the oil somewhat reducing its lubrication properties, was recovered home. Next morning after an oil change it sounded perfect when restarted for a while - until oil light started flickering - shortly followed by a death rattle!  I had to be recovered for a second time - you might not get away with that these days!

Edited by bigjohn

hows it going did you order the oil strainer what was the oil like that came out off the engine any debris in it  have you had the sump off yet.Are any of the main caps loose good look with it all