How to remove seats

Hello,

Can someone explain me or even better take photos and mark how to take off front seats out?

Also, what tools do I need?

I want to proper clean it, but Im not sure how to take them out?

Is this easy job?

Tnx for answer Im relly gratefull!!

cheers

Its really easy, 

I’m sure I have posted photos previously (search my posts pre 2011)

But basically you need the remove the two 13mm nuts that are located at the front edge of the seat in the centre, then remove the round plastic bung in each of the side rail plastic covers, these covers are located in the rear footwells, remove the (Torx IIRC) screws from under the cap lift the covers out off the rails then push the whole seat backwards about 15mm so the studs that you removed the nuts from clear the mounting bracket.

If you are going to remove the wiring then disconnect the battery before you remove the (yellow) airbag plug... otherwise you will need VCDS to turn the airbag light off.

Then push the seat all the way back and out of the side rails... be careful as they are heavy!! (it is easier to remove the drivers seat through the rear door).

• Like 1