So removed one of my glowplugs

The flashing Glowplug light usually means that both your Brake Light Bulbs have blown - this happened to me recently, or your Brake Light Switch is knacked.

DB.

all brake lights are working fine. Where should i check for damaged wires? Common places?

Yeah defo all plugged in bud. Drove 100 miles in it today. Never cut out but went into limp mode but just dipped clutch and it was fine. Still taking a few seconds to start. No eml light either!

I would suggest that you get the ecu scanned for fault codes.

You can get a basic cheap code reader from eBay.  Once you have a code we will be able to advise you.

This is the one I use.

U281 VW Audi Skoda Seat VAG CAN BUS Fault Code Reader Scanner diagnostic tool UK

£11.81 post free

SN

I would suggest that you get the ecu scanned for fault codes.

You can get a basic cheap code reader from eBay.  Once you have a code we will be able to advise you.

This is the one I use.

U281 VW Audi Skoda Seat VAG CAN BUS Fault Code Reader Scanner diagnostic tool UK

£11.81 post free

SN

thAnks for replying bud, ive got one the same as that buddy. Its been throwing up a few different codes but the constant usually is N/A. Just want to get it running perfect & sell it.

Once again thanks everyone for helping my out.

Hi,

also have this same fault code and I replaced the camshaft position sensor with new one, but the code and starting problem is still there.

How to check that the wiring is ok, I have a multimeter? What should I measure, thanks.

I'm not 100% sure because I don't use the lite version but I'd think it's possible.

Go into engine, then measuring blocks, then group 04, the forth one along should be labeled torsion value.

Ideally it should be zero, but the number tends to fluctuate around giving +\- 0.5 or so anyway, aslong as its between -3 and 3 it should be fine.

If your confident adjust it to as close to zero as you can get :)

Hi guys, fitted a new camshaft position sensor yesterday. Cleared codes using vcds as there was an abs one too??

Went to start the car & problem is still there. Taking 5 seconds to start. Sometimes cuts out/limp mode.

Checked with vcds & cam sensor code is back?! Timing looks ok (above)

What else could this be?

Should i cut my losses and sell as it is for £1k?

Cheers yet again guys, Andy