Haynes manual for 1.6 cr tdi?

Hi all,

Just bought a 2011 1.6tdi cr and have started hunting for a Haynes manual so I can do a certain amount of maintenance myself.... However.... The Haynes manuals I've found online all state they cover the diesels apart from my model??

Is there a manual for the 1.6tdi do you know, I'm sure this has been asked before?

Thanks!!

Marc

I've bought the general Haynes manual for my age of car even though it states it doesn't cover my 1.6tdi cr engine.

Question .... Is this engine model the same as say... A vw golf of an equivalent year, and would it be worth getting a Haynes manual for this car to cover the engine specs?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by Hingysaid

I have the same engine as you and was considering buying the Haynes manual for the non engine information such body and electrical.

Is it worthwhile to do this in your opinion?

Sorry for the hijack, got a 62 plate January 13 VRS Octavia, would the Haynes manual that shows coverage to 61 plates still be the correct one as it's the MKII? Thanks.

I have the same engine as you and was considering buying the Haynes manual for the non engine information such body and electrical.

Is it worthwhile to do this in your opinion?

Yes. Definitely worth while.... Obviously it contains information on the rest of the car which is very useful, it also covers the common rail 2L engine, so a bit of overlap and plenty of engine info which is good to have.

• Like 1

Yes. Definitely worth while.... Obviously it contains information on the rest of the car which is very useful, it also covers the common rail 2L engine, so a bit of overlap and plenty of engine info which is good to have.

Thank you.

Mike