Seriously annoyed....

Found a car at a dealers, called and asked to view it. Sorry I'm on holiday until Thursday, call me on Friday to arrange a viewing. Do you want me to pay a deposit to hold it? No it's fine my guys won't sell anything while I'm away. Called today to arrange a viewing. Sorry it's sold to a taxi driver from Birmingham!! Obviously not meant to be mine!! The hunt continues!!!

You've had a lucky escape. If this is an example of how honourable this dealer is, think what you might have had to put up with if you had bought the car, then found something wrong!

• Like 2

Exactly.... I know I got my pay rise so Superb is a go. But was thinking I should maybe hold off until end of August beginning of Sept for when the new models start coming in and deals can be made on the older ones. Plus I'll find out how much I can spend on a car. Maybe more like £15k and my old car as a trade in (between £3500 & £4000 I want for my Jetta)

It's well worth a check with the dealers just now on a price for the new old version Superb that's in transit - the last of the stock.

Put to this way, I was in the market for a 10k miles 2yr old elegance estate. I ended up getting a new one for the same price as my target car ...

Nin

There will be some good deals as mentioned above... New one due at the dealers anytime now, and quite a few (I imagine) OLD shape in the network... Dealers will want them out of the way, and remember it will be brand new, 3 year warranty etc etc... 

Excactly, was looking for a one or two year old and now put deposit on a brand new one. got it for less than a secondhand one.

A newly listed Superb 2.0 170 Elegance popped up on Autotrader at a Skoda main dealer.... No pics on the listing - so emailed asking for pics. They arrived by email today. Nice looking, dark grey, clean exterior. Then the 2nd email arrived with the interior pics - it's a DSG!!! The listing says its manual - so I emailed back saying its DSG & not manual as listed. Got a rather abrupt email back! So won't be buying that one!!!

Hope your not after a white one,my local taxi company has just purchased 7 new mk2's twindoor's from different dealers around the uk and he has  options on a further 3.

He says its an excellent car for hackney work and weddings :kiss:  :cocktail:

Hope your not after a white one,my local taxi company has just purchased 7 new mk2's twindoor's from different dealers around the uk and he has  options on a further 3.

ask him if his council demand white for a hackney (taxi) plate (ours does) which is ok but means (in theory) i couldnt remove all the signs to do a wedding, a private hire plate (no rank, no meter, no flag downs) cant be white and has to have sticky council signs "must be pre booked", to complicate things theres a 3rd plate "special events", no door signs, and a smaller rear plate. the last two can set any fare, the hackney plate MUST charge meter rates within the licensing area.

confused? yeah, and me...

A newly listed Superb 2.0 170 Elegance popped up on Autotrader at a Skoda main dealer.... No pics on the listing - so emailed asking for pics. They arrived by email today. Nice looking, dark grey, clean exterior. Then the 2nd email arrived with the interior pics - it's a DSG!!! The listing says its manual - so I emailed back saying its DSG & not manual as listed. Got a rather abrupt email back! So won't be buying that one!!!

I wouldn't dismiss a DSG out of hand. Don't forget, its not a "normal" wet autobox.

Found a car at a dealers, called and asked to view it. Sorry I'm on holiday until Thursday, call me on Friday to arrange a viewing. Do you want me to pay a deposit to hold it? No it's fine my guys won't sell anything while I'm away. Called today to arrange a viewing. Sorry it's sold to a taxi driver from Birmingham!! Obviously not meant to be mine!! The hunt continues!!!

Unless it was put on a "hold" by the dealer, as was mine with a refundable deposit, they'll never turn-down a sale.....

Neither does a DSG.... seeing as I keep my cars 3 years and cover less than 10000 a year I don't think I will worry too much..

How often does it need to be changed?

The oil, every 40,000 miles, the filter may need to be changed as well.

• Like 1

Excellent....so when my current job falls through I can bring the Superb Estate out into Wedding hire. Nice  ;)

As for DSG service - every 40k miles (72k ams) for oil and filter is fine. As someone has mentioned, many 'slush boxes' go 100k and beyond without issue on many cars. Just use common sense - new noises or a drop in performance normally means a change in gearbox oil. I used to change the oil on my old XJ 300 at 50k miles as a precaution although the unit is supposed to be 'sealed for life' in theory.  Sold it on with just over 300k and no gearbox (or engine) issues at all. Sills had rusted out though  :D