[SOLD] Whelen Emergency Vehicle Siren & Blue Grille Lights [SOLD]

Gumble

I am selling these items for off road / show use only. These items are entirely legal to buy and sell. These items should not be fitted to any vehicle being used on the road. If you fit these items to your vehicle you are required by law to remove the power source in a way that cannot be reconnected from within the vehicle.

Whelen Beta 112R Emergency Vehicle Siren and 100w Motorway Speaker

Ex-Police. Multiple tones. Full working order. Includes wiring adapter. Manual supplied in PDF format.

This is a very loud siren unit and produces all UK emergency vehicle sounds. Not a toy! Comes with the tones wail, yelp, phaser, air horn and more.

whelen_beta.jpg

(Not actual unit although unit looks exactly the same. No picture of the speaker but can take one!)

£45 £30 (£5 next day tracked delivery or free collection from Poole, Dorset)

Installation basics:

The unit is a box about the size of a car radio which is the siren itself. It also comes with a 100w motorway speaker (very heavy!).

The siren unit comes with the harness adapter and some cut cable coming off them (they have about 5 or 6 inches on them).

The cables are as follows:

1. Power cable with a fuse on that goes to the car battery or a 12v source
  2. Ground cable which you can hook up to an existing ground terminal or to the negative terminal on the battery
  3. Speaker cable which is 2 cables that hook up to the 2 cables on the speaker. They also power the speaker
  4. A bunch of coloured cables to select a siren tone. So there is one switch cable and about 6 selector cables. You can solder these onto a rotary switch to select the tones or order an already built switch panel to control it (about £15 http://www.strobesnm...er-Sirens.html)
  5. And then the final 2 cables are an optional extra to link to the horn ring so you can change the tone and operate the siren using your horn if you wish.

All you need to get going is a switch (or the switch panel) and some lengths of cable to wire it all together. If you want to do it yourself you will need a basic knowledge of soldering and switches.

You will receive:

1 x Whelen Beta 11R Siren Unit

1 x 100W Motorway Speaker
1 x Cable adapter

1 x PDF Manual

No box

Brooking Industries Blue LED Grille Strobes

Ex-Police. Multiple flash patterns. Clear lens. Sync cable. Full working order. No manual or mount brackets.

These lights are not the cheap kind from eBay. They are ex-police and very very bright even in daylight! And by that I mean they are almost blinding head on!

police_lights.png

(Actual unit)

These exact lights can be seen in action at 2:25:

£20 £15 (£5 next day tracked delivery or free collection from Poole, Dorset)

Installation basics:

Red Cable - Power

Black Cable - Ground

White Cable - Syncs lights
Yellow Cable - Select light pattern

You will need to buy or make a mount to fit the lights to, or you can drill a few holes and bolt them directly on.

You will receive:

The lights exactly as shown in picture. No box or manual.

The video is just to show the grille lights (as this was the vehicle they originally came off). Nothing else in the video is included.

Ideal for a fun show peice or some off road laughs! :) eBay links available if you would prefer the added buyer protection. Items will be sent same day for next day delivery with FedEx. Will be packed well with bubble wrap.

If you fit these items to your vehicle you are required by law to remove the power source in a way that cannot be reconnected from within the vehicle.

These would be great in my taxi for when people cut me up or annoy me...... Unfortunately I'd end up getting the jail!!! Good luck with sale

Yeah I expect so, which is the reason I've not installed them. I've not heard of unmarked taxi before! :D

this actually looks like a good laugh on a private road, I think i'll take them would be funny at shows ect...

They are good fun! You can go the whole hog and get a wig wag headlamp/brake light alternating flasher kit on ebay to go with it, and even hideaway blue strobes for the reverse lights :)

But if you are on a public road the siren must be disconnected from the power source in a way that cannot be reconnected from within the vehicle. The lights can simply be covered with tape.