EGR blanking problem ?

I was just after some feedback regarding possible running issues from doing this. It kind of follows on from recently having a Shark map carried out. The car is great but while having it remapped i asked for the EGR to be mapped out as i was fitting a blanking plate. Now, since doing it at low rpm the car seems to have a bit of a flat spot say up to 1500rpm at which point it takes ofg like a scalded cat. I ran the car for 2 days after the map before blanking the EGR off and had no issues so don't think it's anything to do with that. I have taken it off to try for a few days to see if it improves but just wondered if I'm barking up the wrong tree. 2.0 pd vrs btw.

• 1 month later...

You kno I've got that same problem but I haven't taken mine out yet, (tommorows job) but I have done the new inlet manifold new sensors I.e n75 valve and the flap actuator so 700 quid down and still have this issue also taken turbo off as I thought it had sticky veins ... Nope so I'm thinking it's my map myself so it's booked in for next week as they are going to have a look at the diagnosis and hopefully get stage 2 done by them. Has anything changed since you posted ?

It was weird that issue. I did remove the plate initially for a few days but ended up leaving it off. I do think the flat spot was due to the dpf regening a lot. It still regened but not as much as with the blanking plate fitted.

Stopping egr working either with blank or mapping it out means its permenantly shut therefore you should be getting a full clean air charge into the cylinder. It should make it feel more peppy off boost not having a flat spot. I would either blank or make sure its fully closed as to me it seems that its not fully shut and its letting by therefore reducing power.

Edited by PerformanceDiesel