mk2 standard kit?

Just bought a mk2 vrs to replace my mk1 and wondering what standard kit shouldve been in any of the gaps in the boot. Already looking for a set of mats for it as those are missing.

I don't think it came with anything. It had holders for warning triangle etc but they weren't supplied as standard.

Spare tyre was about as good as it got.

Hello & congratulations on your new purchase.

If you've got a pre-facelift example you will most likely have a CD multichanger mounted in a covered cubbyhole on the left hand side of the boot.

If it's a facelift item you'll just have an open alcove there as the standard-fit head-unit (on UK models at least) had the multi-changer inbuilt.

Also - if you're really lucky, you might have a functional net divider covering the open cubby on the right hand side of the boot but chances are it'll be knackered as they weren't the sturdiest of things. 

That being said, the version in the boot of the facelifted car is of a better design..

Oh, and on the subject of nets, the previous owner might have left an elasticated net kit in there for you which attaches to the various lashing points located throughout the boot. This is probably unlikely however as, having shelled out on this as an extra, they'll have removed it prior to sale - which explains why mine has an Alfa Romeo Sportwagon one currently installed from a long-departed previous run-around.. :notme:

As for the warning triangle - as Aspman says, the fittings for securing it are there but the triangle itself was an extra. Mine came from Halfrauds IIRC and the rectangular plastic box it lives in fits in there perfectly.

HTH.

D.