Saved by Skoda UK (costly repair)

Thanks guys, I'm over the moon!! Just got off the phone to Skoda in Kings Lynn and the bill was at just over £1700. So happy with Skoda right now. Massive Kudos indeed!!

It's always good to hear of great customers support, can't get better than what they've just done for you. Excellent result. 

Did the car have a full Skoda documented service history?. 

• Like 1

The last service was carried out at the Mazda garage that the previous owner bought it from, which makes it even more surprising really.

I normally get the car serviced at Jabbasport, but I feel I should throw a bit of business the way of Walkers Skoda now. Still, Jabbasport have done me a few big favours, but not a £1700 favour!!

• Like 1

The 1700 seems steep, I agree. I'll have a look at the breakdown and let you guys know. I'm guessing genuine parts will be in the region of £600. So thats 1100 labour! Eek. But I don't know how long it takes to drop the gearbox out, do the work and put it all back together.

• Like 1

Skoda UK replaced a piece of trim in mine at over 3 years old even though the dealer point blank refused to entertain a claim, the part was only £20 but it was the principle so I set out to make them look silly which I did.

They were very good and followed it through but they were based in Sheffield - I think the centre did all VAG group cars...

• Like 1

Just catching up with this Neil - sorry to hear about the issues with the replacement Superb.

But as said already - kudos to SUK; great to see this result! Nice one buddy. :thumbup:

Thanks Ste. I think I was due a shift in fortune buddy. I'm taking my Rotary with me on my holiday to North Wales, so watch this space!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Ste. I think I was due a shift in fortune buddy. I'm taking my Rotary with me on my holiday to North Wales, so watch this space!!!

Absolutely mate - you have had a torrid time with one thing or another!

Looking forward to the holiday pics then.... :happy:  ;)  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I'm over the moon!! Just got off the phone to Skoda in Kings Lynn and the bill was at just over £1700. So happy with Skoda right now. Massive Kudos indeed!!

Discount handy but a massively overpriced unnecessary job, I have NEVER heard a satisfactory case for the fitting of a DMF, ive heard many theories...

Torque "spikes, booms, transmission damage avoidance, but not anything ive seen evidence of, im not sure the DMF's will be with us forever, torque-limiting software was being muted as an alternative, but even so, £1700 for a flywheel and clutch? and a LUK DMF probably too....

lets add the DMF to the EGR and DPF as items we could live without.....as we used to

Absolutely and that's why I still use a dealer, for exactly these reasons....

Depends on how many miles you do.  If you drive enough, the amount you save by getting your servicing done elsewhere should offset all but the very worst of luck.  Of course, if you don't put the money saved away you can be out of pocket in the extreme, though.

I agree SUK and the dealers can be helpful..My Roomster`s going in on Tuesday having had the turbo cooler punctured by a stone that went through the grille at the bottom of the car and caused an expensive, non warranty, repair..Skoda and DM Keith are both paying the bulk of the repair as a `goodwill`gesture...I`m on my third Skoda from the same dealer but always have them serviced via the dealer network. Its that fact, I am convinced, helps you when you want a favour from them...If you want to save a few bob fine, but..................

Hi

That is very good how this dealer handled the situation - no question.

But You need to know, that there are lot of known failure where the VAG suppliers are responsibles. So such a change is really charged to them, so in reality it is not a goodwill, just changed the claimed parts and charge it to suppliers. So they followed the procedures ;)

I guess this clutch problem is also a known issue from sachs or luk.

Anyway its good that they changed easily.

From tapatalk