Air intake hex bolt

I made the rookie mistake of not having my magnetic probe to hand while undoing bolts in the engine bay, no guessing what happened....

I've lost the hex bolt that holds the bottom left section of intake pipe onto the turbo. Does anyone know what size this is or the OE part number so I can order a replacement? I've already tried sourcing one from Audi which was M6x45 but it's the wrong size/thread.

I'd be more worried where I dropped it. if its not fell to the floor, you don't want it inside anything that moves!

At £27 plus, I'd get a torch and a magnet and find it!

It's probably stuck in the undertray. Jack it up and remove the tray and it should appear.

Alternatively if the car is running, reverse briskly then stamp on the brakes. That worked when I dropped a glow plug socket into the engine bay.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I could see it on the undertray after I dropped it, but didn't have my magnetic tool on me at the time and couldn't reach it by hand. All sorted now though as I've managed to source a bolt elsewhere that is identical as far as I can tell :)

• Like 1