No voice instructions when Bluetooth is on.

ronhob

I have a yeti 1.6 greenline and a Htc one M7 with a Tomtom go app installed. Whenever I use Bluetooth I lose the voice instructions. I have also tried Google maps with the same result.I have been in contact via email with Tomtom who are still trying to resolve the problem. Their only suggestion was to turn on Bluetooth after I start driving but this did not work either. Any suggestions please.

I have a yeti 1.6 greenline and a Htc one M7 with a Tomtom go app installed. Whenever I use Bluetooth I lose the voice instructions. I have also tried Google maps with the same result.I have been in contact via email with Tomtom who are still trying to resolve the problem. Their only suggestion was to turn on Bluetooth after I start driving but this did not work either. Any suggestions please.

For my old Samsung I had to download the BlueDun app to get it to pair.

It may be because you have media audio connected to Bluetooth. This allows your music to stream to be played via in car audio. So to hear voice instructions you would need to change car input to Bluetooth audio. For me this is inconvenient as like to listen to radio so in the Bluetooth settings I uncheck media audio. This still allows you to take /make phone calls with car functions but Tom Tom voice still comes from phone. Just re-enable it to listen to music via Bluetooth.

Note this is on an android phone but I'm sure the setting is on iPhone too.

Thanks. I will give this a try. It does make sense.I am still in contact with Tomtom but not getting very far fast. Thanks for your input