Secure code Bolero/Columbus

Hi,

I am planning to change my Bolero with smth else, and I wonder how can I get the secure code.

Is it possible to read with VCDS (while the radio is still build in),

or do I need to go the the deaalre with serial and asked them to provide me with tyhe code?

TIA

skob

I did this with old Yeti, dealer needs the code from the factory this takes about 10 mins and about £20.00 soo much nicer to have the Columbus to the swing 

Vcds can't do it and the dealer will need to plug the car into the diagnostics machine to get the code as it done remotely from the factory.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Is it really needed to plug the car into the diagnostics, or would be enough to provide S/N?

Is it really needed to plug the car into the diagnostics, or would be enough to provide S/N?

Has to be done via diagnostics. The dealer has no other way to find out the code or pair a head unit to a car.

You may be able to find someone else who can do it. Look on eBay.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just learned that it is also possible to get the code with VIN + prof of ownership + S/N of radio - so no connection to the diagnostic is needed.

Edited by skob

I've just learned that it is also possible to get the code with VIN + prof of ownership + S/N of radio - so no connection to the diagnostic is needed.

You might be able to in Germany, but in the UK Skoda do not provide the code without an online hookup to Skoda HQ, plus if the radio is not the one originally fitted to the car we also officially need to provide a VAT receipt from an authorised dealer with the serial number on along with proof of ID.