2.0 CR TDI Needs Serviced in 9000 miles!

Just got my car back from the garage today after its service.  3 years old and mileage is 56000.  However, although this is the same garage that I've always went to, the service interval is reporting as 9,000 miles and not 18,700 miles as it normally shows.  I take it this means that they have chosen not to use Long Life, variable service oil.  Would there be a reason for this?

They will used The right oil as your car will have a dpf and so needs 507.00 spec oil as a minimum. But it sounds like they have reset it to fixed servicing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It means that they have put it back on to fixed servicing not variable servicing, obviously dealers prefer fixed as it makes servicing more frequent, this happened at my local dealer on the 1st service and at the next service I made sure by checking 2 or 3 times that it will continue on variable as otherwise a revisit is necessary, I think this a trick by dealers as I have heard of it happening quite a few times on this and other forums.... complain and see what they say - they will proably say return and we will plug our computer and sort it out.

After servicing reset on a variable program I last time did 500-600 miles before the mileage showed up for the car to calculate a true driving style etc...

So do you think this is a work generating reason as opposed to a care of vehicle reason? i.e. to get more money out of me?  The car's lease ends next year, a variable service would have meant that I wouldn't have had to service it again.

I quite often have the car requesting a service at around 8,000-10,000 miles rather than the 20,000 stated in the book. This is despite the service record saying the service is due in 20,000 miles. I just reset the service counter when it happens. I don't believe the Superb has any sort of oil life sensor?

What does the next service required at in your service record say?

Edited by WesBrooks

So do you think this is a work generating reason as opposed to a care of vehicle reason? i.e. to get more money out of me? The car's lease ends next year, a variable service would have meant that I wouldn't have had to service it again.

Not necessarily, I was told by a vw dealer that they often err on the side of caution, so if they aren't going to see the car for two years they may suggest things such as replacing brake pads before it is needed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Brake pads and disks just done by the same garage 6000 miles ago.  I did ask the garage who have marked 12,000 miles in the book for its next service.  Unfortunately I got the receptionist and a young (new to shaving) apprentice.  The receptionist replied "we just mark 12,000 miles in as standard" and the apprentice could not answer what kind of oil was put in other than "it was a good one".  He checked with someone else and they just replied "go with what it tells you to do on the dash."  Going by the invoice they have charged £30 for oil so I think this answers the question.

I think the real issue is that the boss is away on holiday :(

I have just had mine serviced an requested it changed to fixed intervals

As I only do about 8000 moles a year I think it better to have an annual service rather than 2 years...

On the other hand by Ibiza is on long life... I do 20000 a year in that so it works out the same...annual service

Skoda advise low mileage cars are better serviced annually.. I tend to agree

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Im doing about 18,000 miles a year so its been serviced each year so far.  I don't fancy twice a year however.  Atleast who ever gets this car next will know that it has been well maintained ;-)

I quite often have the car requesting a service at around 8,000-10,000 miles rather than the 20,000 stated in the book. This is despite the service record saying the service is due in 20,000 miles. I just reset the service counter when it happens. I don't believe the Superb has any sort of oil life sensor?

What does the next service required at in your service record say?

According to VW/Skoda the engines do have oil quality sensors that constantly monitor the oil quality http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

To the OP, going back to fixed service schedule is a mistake by the service technician when he reset it. Had this happen to me once, they took it back to their workshop and reset it back to variable.

To the OP, going back to fixed service schedule is a mistake by the service technician when he reset it. Had this happen to me once, they took it back to their workshop and reset it back to variable.

I had the same thing - took the tech two minutes to correct it

The important thing here (as mentioned) is that the same oil is used whether the car has had a minor (fixed) or major (variable / long life) service so there hasn't been any cost cutting during the actual service.

It does sound like a genuine mistake when resetting the service indicator.

Having just had mine serviced this thread reminded me to check mine. Guess what, same story. Dealers will be getting a call tomorrow. Not impressed as they also left the caps off the aircon valves when they did that!

At least you spotted it now, I didn't notice until the car flagged for a service early after 10,000 miles.

The dealer ended up servicing the car again at a reduced price.

Just reset it when it comes up in 10k, then have it serviced when it comes up again.The motor factors show one oil for my car.

Mine's just done 61k in a year since I bought it new , it's had two Skoda dealer services so I can kiss the warranty goodbye as its over the mileage so I've booked it in my local garage.

Been ok so far,still on original pads so fingers crossed

Edited by peterposh