Differences to expected specification

VAGCF

Having owned the Yeti for a couple of days now I've noticed a couple of differences to what was expected.

When I got home on Friday and was taking photos I noticed that my car didn't have any side mouldings on it. This was particularly pertinent as when we were discussing colours with the salesman he said that some looked better with body coloured mouldings and some in black. With the latest FL this would of course depend on whether you went with the standard or Outdoor. But I had expected it to come with some!

Most I'd seen had got them, including photos in the brochure (latest downloaded from here). However when checking the brochure it says that the SE L comes with body coloured side mouldings, so where are they? I know that sometimes the specification can vary and not always be as shown in the brochure but this omission seems a little strange? It is further complicated by being shown as an option in Factory Fitted Optional Equipment. Having said that the picture in the configurator shows a car without mouldings, though I suppose that proves little?

I quite like the clean look, but without mouldings it is more vulnerable to dings.

Now from something missing to something extra! It’s got cruise control. No mention of this in the brochure or on the web-site, either as standard equipment or as an extra. Not that I use CC much, but it is a bonus!  

The sales chap is supposed to be contacting me so I’ll mention the side mouldings.

But having driven the car for a few days now, including taking the in-laws out and commuting 20 miles each way to work, I have to say I’m loving the Yeti and so pleased I went for one and for choosing the diesel.

I’m more used to the change into fifth, though it still sometimes feels a little imprecise and it doesn’t feel too high now, helped by travelling on my own and on more open, fast roads.

If you ordered an outdoor it should have the side moudings.

Or did you take a stock car...

Cruise control is in the brochure under Technology and standard from SE up.

Edited by DonjSZ5

I quite like the clean look, but without mouldings it is more vulnerable to dings.

I am wondering is they are actually high enough to stop dings from other cars. My OHs I10 has quite a few from her work car park (public and staff shared one) and they are quite high up the doors.

So much so that she wont actually use it that much for work, my car park has options to park away from other cars a bit (and it was mainly leased to replace my ageing Picasso)

Edited by leaky5

When I ordered my new Yeti, in may ,the Salesman Showed me the Skoda inhouse  paperwork, which listed the Year 2016 build differences for all Skoda models.

Apart from a couple of insignificant trim changes the Yeti City model had only one.....

The ommission of body side mouldings as standard. (Still fitted on the Outdoor.)

Any existing brochures were out of date.

I guess your Salesman hadn't read his paperwork.

When I ordered my new Yeti, in may ,the Salesman Showed me the Skoda inhouse  paperwork, which listed the Year 2016 build differences for all Skoda models.

Apart from a couple of insignificant trim changes the Yeti City model had only one.....

The ommission of body side mouldings as standard. (Still fitted on the Outdoor.)

Any existing brochures were out of date.

I guess your Salesman hadn't read his paperwork.

To be honest many salespersons just don't know what will arrive no matter what is ordered. Sounds like the op bought an old stock city.

The body coloured side mouldings are the strips on each door not the sills, has yours got the mouldings on the doors?

Thanks for all the replies. Couldn't post from work but having had another look at the latest downloaded brochure and web-site I had come to the same conclusion that on the latest incarnation the Yeti/City/standard doesn't have the side mouldings and if you want them they are a £60 option in body colour. 

It seems that the brochure is at fault as it clearly states under the SE L (non-Outdoor) that it comes with body coloured side mouldings. Also the brochure has an Outdoor in the 2WD part which isn't right is it as they are all 4x4 aren't they? Looks to me that someone has altered the old brochure to suit the new models and not made a very good job of it, by leaving parts in that should have been taken out. Another error, it seems to me, is that under the engine specifications (page 44), it says that there are 5 and 6 speed 2.0 TDI 110PS. 

I know that errors can occur in translation, but these aren't translation, they are errors, pure and simple and should have been picked up, as for like me (and the sales guys!) they lead to confusion and possible arguments. I did actually call the dealer, but it's the salesman's day off, with the intention of getting them to fit the "missing" side mouldings! On other cars it isn't such an issue but with those like the Yeti it's crying out for them! 

On the positive side, if I do go for them (likely) I will go for the black or even black with chrome edges as they will go with the black roof rails and if they are hit there is no paint to rub off (being painted rather defeats the object). Take the point about the height but I'm working on the principle that the protrusion of the mouldings will stop the doors being hit higher up, though obviously it depends on the shape of the door doing the hitting.

Don - how did you come to the conclusion I'd got an old stock City? If I had, it would have had side mouldings according to what Bilun says wouldn't it? No, whilst my car was from stock, it is the latest spec., including Adblue. And the lack of mouldings! :D

Edited by VAGCF

Also the brochure has an Outdoor in the 2WD part which isn't right is it as they are all 4x4 aren't they?

No the Outdoor does have 2wd versions, mine is. But I do agree they do seem to have lots of errors. The Business page for example still says there is a Greenline 1.6D

Oh, right! The brochure and web-site for that matter aren't the most intuitive either. 

At least I've now got my head around what the specification is/should be for mine (even if it's after the event) and I'm happy.

You could always try talking to Skoda UK customer services about this discrepancy, whilst they may not be able to put the aforementioned side mouldings onto your car, they may offer a good will gesture to keep you happy.

This could be a free service, or an optional accessory or something along those lines.

The worst they can say is no, anything else is a bonus!.

Yeah, thought about that, might give it a go.

At least I know that my car is as it should be even if Skoda are being tight in removing the side mouldings from the standard spec. Seems a bit of a strange move to me but I guess it's all about cost cutting.

The brochures have always been missleading. The spec and photos often do not match up. My 2014 City SE is I believe a 2015 build spec. It doe not door strips, but the Elegance did.

If I had been given the £60 option I would have taken it.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

Also the brochure has an Outdoor in the 2WD part which isn't right is it as they are all 4x4 aren't they?

No the Outdoor does have 2wd versions, mine is. But I do agree they do seem to have lots of errors. The Business page for example still says there is a Greenline 1.6D

Outdoor can be 2WD: even the Non-Outdoor can be 4WD (see the Monte Carlo)...