Hi

Anyone know the following ?

1. How much does the bottle hold

2. How often have you got to top it up

3. Where is the cheapest place to buy it

Cheers

1/ Look in the handbook?

2/ IIRC 1ltr will do around 1,000 miles

3/ look or for your local filling stations, one near us is 59p per litre, bought in a 10ltr bottle expect to pay anything up to £2 a litre - you will need to buy the 1st bottle from Škoda though, once the bottle is empty cut the bottom off the bottle and use it as a funnel.

• Like 2

Tank 8.5 litre

Manual says 0.8-1.2 l per 1000 km

Eurocar parts do 10 l for about £16

What it does not say in the manual is at what point you will get a refill warning. It tells you there is a miles left message, but it is not there all the time.

So I assume you will get it when it starts to get low, lets hope it they give us plenty of warning

Spoke to Skoda about this and here is the reply

At 5000k to emtpy you will get a wanring message.

an alert at 2400k

a warning and amber Adblue light at 1000k

and the red Adblue light when it runs out and then no restart once stopped until refilled.

He also touched on the refill bottles. He recommends using the Skoda 1.8l bottle the first time as it has the correct nozzle for easy filling

and he said this bottle is designed to be refilled afterwards, so you can then buy larger bootles and decant to the smaller one.

• Like 2

What concerns me a little about this Adblue, which seems to me a bit of a bodge fix by the manufacturers, is that you don't know exactly how much is left in the tank when you do top up and therefore there is a danger of overfilling with what has been described as a corrosive liquid.

But having said that, others have said it is basically just urine, which you wouldn't really describe as corrosive unless in contact for a long time.

So I guess that as long as any spillages :D  are mopped up quickly it shouldn't really be an issue?

• Like 1

Thanks for that, useful information.

Not as bad as some have reported then.

Edited by VAGCF

Do a google image search for AdBlue spill / spillage and make your own mind up.

I work with the stuff and see the mess it makes when spilt!

Doh! :x

Now I’m not on my mobile this is what spilt Adblue does! all well and good saying just wash it off with water when it’s on the outside... not so easy when it’s in the boot!

04.25.12AdBlueSeepedThroughOntoSeatBotto

348s.jpg

Spilling Diesel inside your car is not such a good idea either. 

Which is why Fuel Tank Filers should be outside the car, and the tanks are external to the passenger cabin,

and you need to make sure you only carry it in vehicles in sealed containers and avoid spilling.

A Lamb Vindaloo spilt inside a vehicle makes a mess, as does spilt milk.

• Like 1

I once hired a van and the inside of the cabin roof lining was splattered with blood.

Will the vehicle run without Adblue.

No they will not run without Adblue if it is a vehicle that requires Adblue.

Just do not buy one if you do not want a car with a Adblue Emission System,

& just do not buy one where you have to fill the tank from in the boot if spillage is going to be a possibility.

DPF's, EGR valves, EG coolers, now Adblue - one of the reasons I went back to petrol.

As I've said before, I believe that the days of small diesel engines in cars are numbered. I say this light of the increasing array of "Eco" related legislation around them plus the equally increasing political pressure against them, e.g. Islington council imposing an additional £100 for parking permits for diesel engined cars in addition to their normal exorbitant rip-off parking permit charges.

Average consumption of AdBlue in UK vehicles is generally 5% of diesel use, so you will need to tank much less for AdBlue then you do for diesel. You will use about 5 liters of AdBlue to every 100 liters of diesel..?quote..........Air 1 facts or misprint ........if you got say 50 mpg ( 5ltr approx) and the tank holds 50ltr of fuel that would mean 5ltr of adblue /every 2 fuel ups or 1000 miles and the adblue tank is 8.5ltr ,so by the 3rd fuel up only a litre of adblue left..........,can this be correct.?