New on the board, second Octavia, third Skoda, fourth VAG...

Xiberius

Hello everybody!

I just came back to the fold after owning my first SAAB (had been dreaming of those most of my life ever since my dad worked at a dealership when I was very young).

Before I've had a MkI Fabia and a MkII TDI Octavia hatch as well as a MkII Golf GTI for a short stint.

This time I got my hands on a MPI Octavia estate (a bit lucky really, since the only reason I could afford it was that I got it a lot cheaper than the usual going rate). I first found briskoda.net when I owned the TDI, registered but never got around to participating on the forums. This time around I will be needing to do some work on the car and I've already had some help from old posts and wanted to get to know you a bit more.

So here I am. I live in Iceland where prices for cars and parts are insane so I will have to be more conservative than I'd like in my actions, but I'm looking forward to learning about and discussing the various things that are available to us.

For the moment what I need to do is change at least one of the universal joints (google translate - sorry about that - don't think the Icelandic word will help but it's hjöruliður) on the car. From the mechanics I've talked to I've learned that it's likely to be one of the inner ones. Since I haven't been able to get the car on a lift yet I don't know if it's the left or right one though.

One of the doorknobs has also been disconnected so I need to open the door and reconnect that. Was lucky though, because the door originally had the child lock engaged. A local locksmith was able to thread a wire into the hole left by the cable in the knob and open the door, so I was able to disengage the child lock.

There are also a few cosmetic damages from shoddy repair work by the previous owner which I will fix a.s.a.f.p. (The f is for fiscally, why, what were you thinking?)

Once those are all complete there are quite a few things I want to do. First I want the Jumbo Box. And an aux-connection on the stereo. Tint on the rear windows. And I saw leather steering wheel and emc-brake handle on www.superskoda.com I'd really like. Do you have experience dealing with them?

Anyways, hope to gain some friends and have some fun, so please don't be a stranger. I'll leave you with some pictures of the car... :)post-88440-0-06887100-1438293759_thumb.jpgpost-88440-0-10818600-1438293760_thumb.jpgpost-88440-0-10003800-1438293761_thumb.jpgpost-88440-0-21836900-1438293762_thumb.jpgpost-88440-0-85930700-1438293762_thumb.jpgpost-88440-0-44912600-1438293763_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Briskoda

Ive been to Iceland a couple of times (Last time in Feb 2015)...an awesome country and the friendliest people ever!!

We stayed in Reykjavik by the Catherdral

The first time, climbed Mt. Hekla and toured the whole country in a Land Rover

Hope your stay in Briskoda is useful to you and helps you to get your car sorted

Regards