1.2tsi Yeti, what to look for?

fabiamk2SE

Hi folks. I dont often venture into this part of the forum, but the parents are really keen on a yeti now!

Thing is, ive heard about camchain issues on the earlier 2010/2011 models of the TSI, and also a wastegate issue.

My parents are looking for a 2014 model though, so is there anythinh to look for with these? Or have the issues been ironed out now?

Anything else to look for on the yeti?

Also. If anybody is trying to sell a nice facelift yeti, base spec is fine, with low miles etc etc. needs to be a nice example, we've got eyes like hawks haha. Give us a shout (:

Cheers!

rust bubbling up around the lower edges of the doors, especially the rears. Mine was model year 2012 and it had pretty obvious blisters coming up along the lower edges of the doors especially on the driver's side. Both front and rear doors were affected but the rear door on the driver's side was the worst

rust bubbling up around the lower edges of the doors, especially the rears. Mine was model year 2012 and it had pretty obvious blisters coming up along the lower edges of the doors especially on the driver's side. Both front and rear doors were affected but the rear door on the driver's side was the worst

Thats not very good is it aha. It wouldnt of expected that.

Cheers for the heads up!

I take it thats all covered under the warranty?

Thats not very good is it aha. It wouldnt of expected that.

Cheers for the heads up!

I take it thats all covered under the warranty?

nope

appeared at the three year mark - traded it in for a new car as my way of dealing with it.

MarieK's car is still for sale I recall

My 2014 1.2Tsi had a new clutch after just 5500 miles. When sitting over at an angle (roll) and with engine idling the clutch produced a tinkling noise. Push clutch peddle in and noise stopped. The new clutch has now done 4K and is good. The car is on long service 19K but I am doing my own oil changes every 10K or sooner however I feel. Otherwise all is good.

First and foremost you should be congratulating your parents on their choice of motor :sun:

I'm the proud owner of a 2009 1.2 TSi Elegance in Storm Blue with Gobi Sand leather. I've had no regrets whatsoever, and regularly advise anyone who'll listen that the car is a gem. As you mentioned there were issues on some of the early TSi engines relating to the cam chain, mine had a completely new engine fitted in 2012. It appears there are few instances of this issue after that time.

Other than that, make no mistake, this is a very good car.  Mine's now on 45k & plan to keep it for at least another couple of years....I may even give it to the wife when I get myself a shiny new Yeti MkII :thumbup:

nope

appeared at the three year mark - traded it in for a new car as my way of dealing with it.

MarieK's car is still for sale I recall

Wow. Thats really bad. Youd of thought skoda would of helped you out with that, it was only a 3 year old car. I wouldnt be happy haha. I will look out though, thanks!

Cheers for your input everyone!

Will listen out for the AC thing too, and the clutch!

Although they ideally do want a DSG.

But you cant be too picky unless its you ticking the order sheet can you haha.

Whos this MarieK then? I shall hunt them down i think hahaa.

Youd all buy again then?

Cheers for your input everyone!

Will listen out for the AC thing too, and the clutch!

Although they ideally do want a DSG.

But you cant be too picky unless its you ticking the order sheet can you haha.

Whos this MarieK then? I shall hunt them down i think hahaa.

Youd all buy again then?

This is MarieKs yeti up for sale, MarieK is a member on this site, one well looked after Yeti.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=605175053#

This is MarieKs yeti up for sale, MarieK is a member on this site, one well looked after Yeti.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=605175053#

Thanks for that!

Looks lovely!

Ill show the rents and see what they say.

Well specced too isnt it! Even got xenon headlights!

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Wow. Thats really bad. Youd of thought skoda would of helped you out with that, it was only a 3 year old car. I wouldnt be happy haha. I will look out though, thanks!

I didn't ask, I'd decided to trade the car anyway.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Ah right okay.

Gonna say. I thought they did a 10 year thing on paintwork n bodywork

They do but like any insurance...you try claiming.

I think it's all in the word 'corrosion'. The blisters are not corrosion as such but a paint defect so they, SKODA, like to say they repair as good will.

• Like 1

They do but like any insurance...you try claiming.

I think it's all in the word 'corrosion'. The blisters are not corrosion as such but a paint defect so they, SKODA, like to say they repair as good will.

still. A paint defect on a 3 year old car is appalling. Aslong as it hasnt been resprayed of course.

Nevermind anyway.

Rents are 'thinking' about the yeti that you guys kindly linked me to. Not sure if 21k is too much mileage. Ive told em itd be a good one though, and im sure the forum member that previously had it wouldnt mind having a word about history and what not?

Anyway. See if i can talk em into it first haha

^^^ we,would call that v LOW miles.

Not as low as the 3k miles on a 2014 he was looking at last week though aha :D. That was base spec though.

Do we think the facelifts will hold money better?

Also. With xenon headlights, i seem to remember from a few years ago that theyre a huge amount of money to replace when they go wrong (albeit less often than halogens ofc). Is this still the case?

There's a part of me that harks back to the ruggedly reliability of simplicity - then I wake up.)))

Well thats the thing.

They dont really need all that stuff. Id have all that stuff... But theyd never use most of it probably :D.

Well thats the thing.

They dont really need all that stuff. Id have all that stuff... But theyd never use most of it probably :D.

I'm living their attitude but that doesn't stop me taking an interest in this techy stuff.
  • Like 1

I know what youre saying!

Just xenon headlights on the yeti then? Not bi-xenon?

So halogen full beam?

Bi-Xenon lamps are standard on the Elegance spec.

I remember the owner choosing these extras for it. 

The Sunroof, Satnav and upgraded speakers were optional extras. It's a very nice car :thumbup:

And White :D

• Like 2