1.2tsi Yeti, what to look for?

fabiamk2SE

as others have said, it has a good specification apart from the ugly bug lights... :sweat:

Its probably half the price of a current similar spec Yeti.

as others have said, it has a good specification apart from the ugly bug lights... :sweat:

Its probably half the price of a current similar spec Yeti.

WE take that as a wind-up.......D

Haa. Cant decide which is better looking tbh.

Does the basic spec facelift just have h4 reflector headlights? Or?

The original is identifiable and non-conformist.
  • Like 1

I have had both models the Bug eye and the facelift, of course the latter is better looking or I would have kept the old fashioned one :D  

The Bug eyes are what caught everybodies attention in the first place though.

I have had both models the Bug eye and the facelift, of course the latter is better looking or I would have kept the old fashioned one :D  

Haha, so you've elected to blend into the background.

Obviously MI5/6 operatives wouldn't use the original.

• Like 1

Haha, so you've elected to blend into the background.

Obviously MI5/6 operatives wouldn't use the original.

Don't blow their cover, MI5 use the Bugs and MI6 use the ?

Aha. Ill remain impartial i think. Cos im not really sure which!

Does the facelift have anything on that the prefacelift didnt? Spec wise? Or is it litterally just a change of headlights and appearance?

Cheers

I can confirm the car mentioned above was previously owned by myself. 

One careful lady owner, I had no issues with the running of the car nor with the electrics, sunroof etc.

Extras include 12 speaker system, columbus satnav with dab radio, heated windscreen, pano sunroof, variable boot floor with spacesaver spare wheel (although looking at the images this may have been removed?!). The unused unopened cargo nets are still lying in the boot as can be seen in the images and rubber fitted car mats were left in also.

Paint work was all fine save for a small chip above rear wheel arch on drivers side (I applied touch up paint to this).

It also has one free service still to be used around April 2016 or by 36k whichever is sooner.

As I say this was a fine example of the Yeti and I would love to see it going to a new careful owner.

• Like 3

I can confirm the car mentioned above was previously owned by myself.

One careful lady owner, I had no issues with the running of the car nor with the electrics, sunroof etc.

Extras include 12 speaker system, columbus satnav with dab radio, heated windscreen, pano sunroof, variable boot floor with spacesaver spare wheel (although looking at the images this may have been removed?!). The unused unopened cargo nets are still lying in the boot as can be seen in the images and rubber fitted car mats were left in also.

Paint work was all fine save for a small chip above rear wheel arch on drivers side (I applied touch up paint to this).

It also has one free service still to be used around April 2016 or by 36k whichever is sooner.

As I say this was a fine example of the Yeti and I would love to see it going to a new careful owner.

Cheers. Sounds lovely tbh!

Im trying to talk them into it, but how far i get is anyones guess aha.

• Like 1

Aha. Ill remain impartial i think. Cos im not really sure which!

Does the facelift have anything on that the prefacelift didnt? Spec wise? Or is it litterally just a change of headlights and appearance?

Cheers

There's no great change in the Spec, Mainly it's just appearances all round, but the new bi-xenon headlights do have a much better spread pattern. 

There's no great change in the Spec, Mainly it's just appearances all round, but the new bi-xenon headlights do have a much better spread pattern.

Ahh okay. Cheers.

Xenon headlamps isnt high up on the list of priorities tbh. Although id have them personally, they arent that bothered and dont drive in a manor where visibility with normal halogens is a problem aha.

Simpler to stick with halogens really, looking at a 'long term car' and the cost of a xenon if it was to go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted.

Theyve got a 15 plate Yeti S 105TSi, and theyre very happy!

Only 2k miles on the clock.

Drive really nice dont they. Even in basic spec it doesnt roll anywhere near as much as i thought it would.

One question.

Just filled it up with fuel, n there doesnt seem to be a little level on the inside of the filler neck to vent the tank like their is on my mk2 fabia. Does the yeti not have this?

When I first thought about buying a Yeti and buying second-hand I preferred the look of the original as I liked it being different/quirky.  

But when I saw a nice shiny new one in the show room I was smitten!

And now I've got one I've grown to prefer the FL one. I'm completely unbiased of course! :D

• Like 1

New engine on mine with just over 30,000 miles on the clock. Burnt out piston. Then 3 weeks later new clutch pack on the DSG.

All done under warranty a month before it run out.

New engine on mine with just over 30,000 miles on the clock. Burnt out piston. Then 3 weeks later new clutch pack on the DSG.

All done under warranty a month before it run out.

Dont say that haha.

What years yours?