Double Trouble

seh13

If what has gone wrong costs a lot of money then I will be looking at getting a new car.  So I need engine mounting we are not sure which one so are any of them expensive and I do need a new radiator.   So costs please am I looking at more than £200 for both for just parts.  The engine mounting that has gone makes it possible to rock engine back and forth reasonably easily.  Thanks an information would be great 

+1 for dogbone mount. Depending on what model he has i paid £42 for febi mount last week

Genuine one wouldn't be much, if any, more than that, would it?

Radiator is the worse job by quite a bit, should get a new pattern one for well under a ton, I think.

Genuine one wouldn't be much, if any, more than that, would it?

Radiator is the worse job by quite a bit, should get a new pattern one for well under a ton, I think.

That price was for 1.9tdi . So yeah genuine would be less esp for his 1.4

And as for rad i would say shop around.

Know idea how long a new rad takes to fit. But dogbone took me halfhr to fit thats including jacking car up

2001 1.4 Fabia sorry forgot you needed useful information like that.  Thanks for that so far though.

There are two types of 1.4 engine fitted to a 2001 Fabia, one is 8 valve the other is 16 valve, can we try and narrow it down still further please?

He has the 1.4 MPI

How do you know that please? I have a Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.4 and mine is a 16 valve, however if his Fab is an MPI and doesn't have aircon then ECP list a rad for £33, that plus £42 for a dogbone means £75 all in and that's hardly worth scrapping the car for.

AC or non-AC. Rad change easier for non-AC, I think?

Not much difference really since you can just leave the condenser hanging without disconnecting it while you swap the rad over. The radiators are physically different though which means different prices.

Edited by sepulchrave

How do you know that please? I have a Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.4 and mine is a 16 valve, however if his Fab is an MPI and doesn't have aircon then ECP list a rad for £33, that plus £42 for a dogbone means £75 all in and that's hardly worth scrapping the car for.

Just looked at his previous posts, he's said a few times in different topics he has. 1.4 mpi

Hi all I have a 1.4 MPi its the Comfort.  It's all certainly sounding not too expensive and I have friendly mechanic so cost of doing it will be very little.  The trouble is we have had a run of bits going but I suspect each item has been masking the noise or the next problem.  I knew you lot would have the answer between you.  In case your wondering I am a female who only knows a bit about her car and you lot usually have the answer I need.   :clap:

Edited by seh13

Having done the dogbone on my Polo yesterday, I'd agree with vzo25 about time, it takes nearly as long to get the car safely in a position to do the job, as the job itself.

I would suggest getting a new bolt for the rear end of the thing, part number N 909 830 02 @ £1.76 plus VAT, just because this bolt goes up through a captive nut welded to the top of the subframe, and on a 2001 car it'll be even rustier around the bit that protrudes through this nut than on my 2003/4 Polo.  If your friendly mechanic can get some PlusGas onto the rustiness before trying to undo it, it'll be good insurance against stripping or dislodging that captive nut.

Front two bolts, though half the length, are £2.18 +VAT each, so I wouldn't suggest it's worth replacing them as they go into blind tapped holes in the gearbox, and are very unlikely to be in poor condition. For reference, they are part number N 102 048 08.

Edit: For your car, dogbone part number looks like 6Q0199851AL according to here.  (Delivered) Prices on ebay ranging from £43 for genuine to £22ish cheapest pattern. I was lucky enough to find a NOS genuine one for mine on a best offer which I got for £26. :)

Hi all I have a 1.4 MPi its the Comfort. It's all certainly sounding not too expensive and I have friendly mechanic so cost of doing it will be very little. The trouble is we have had a run of bits going but I suspect each item has been masking the noise or the next problem. I knew you lot would have the answer between you. In case your wondering I am a female who only knows a bit about her car and you lot usually have the answer I need. :clap:

Oops sorry dear lady. Should have done my detective work before hand haha

Here is the link to my DIY on replacing the lower rear gearbox mount (dogbone) which is the one that goes & makes the engine easy to rock back & forth.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/199125-superpro-rear-bush-for-rear-engine-mount/

or for OEM look here:-

http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/fabia-fab-eu-2001-19920-mounting-parts-for-engine-and-transmission/

part number 22

22 6Q0199851AL support; rear; manual; gearbox; ARV,AQV,ATZ,; AME,AQW,AZE,; AZF 1 22 6Q0199851AR support; rear; manual; gearbox; AMF 1 22 6Q0199851AP support; rear; manual; gearbox; ATD 1 22 6Q0199851AK support; rear; manual; gearbox; AUA,AUB,BBY,; BBZ,BKY 1 22 6Q0199851AJ support; rear; manual; gearbox; AWY,AZQ,BMD 1 22 6Q0199851AS support; rear; manual; gearbox; ASY 1 22 6Q0199851AL support; rear; automatic;; AUA,BBY,BKY 1 22 6Q0199851AN support; rear; AZL 1 22 6Q0199851AT support; rear; 6-speed; man. g/box:; ASZ

:nerd:

Edited by fabdavrav

Hello all, so the saga of my little car continues the good news is radiator done cost £60 plus VAT and better news my Dogbone is fine however my gearbox is starting to sound well clunky and a bit noisy at times but not all the time.  If it needs changing that is £1000.  I did have working horn just not sounding too good I now have no sound coming out of horn at all. Other than that she sounds and works perfectly.