Engine Coolent temp sensor

Afternoon All,

My EML come on this morning so I plugged in my code reader and it come up with Engine Coolent Temp sensor 1 Circuit high dose this mean I need a new switch its not effecting the way the car drives and if I clear the code it only comes back when the car has been tunned off and the key has been removed from the ignition, are they easy to change on these and where can I get one from,

thanks in advance for any help,

Your not having much luck with the car, seems you have a new light on the dash every week!

They are cheap and easy to replace so yeah just go with that.

Pretty sure you have a vrs, the sensor is on the right hand side of the engine, it sits inside the black plastic housing At the back of it, slide the plastic U clip out and remove the old sensor and o-ring. Fit new sensor and o-ring and put the clip back.

Top up the coolant and take it for a slow drive to get it up to temp again and check the coolant level.

Your not having much luck with the car, seems you have a new light on the dash every week!

They are cheap and easy to replace so yeah just go with that.

Pretty sure you have a vrs, the sensor is on the right hand side of the engine, it sits inside the black plastic housing At the back of it, slide the plastic U clip out and remove the old sensor and o-ring. Fit new sensor and o-ring and put the clip back.

Top up the coolant and take it for a slow drive to get it up to temp again and check the coolant level.

Dont I know it mate haha poor car must have took some abuse from prev owners im on sotring out any little problems and keeping on top of it as and when I can other issues are now sorted so its all running well just need to sort this out the airbag light is also on but I think thats from the fact it has an aftermarket steering wheel on and has not had the airbag light turned off,

I will get this done tomorrow dosnt seem to be effecting the car thanks for the advice,

Thanks for the link Coskev

I would have done it today but stuck in work all day so the cars not being used, its going into a lads garage I know to get sorted he already has the part waiting but cant get it there till tomorrow morning but will be sorted asap, next step after that is a service witch is already booked in for the 28th,

Im well impressed with these little fabia VRS

Glad your sticking with it, a few cheap sensors that are easy to change will make a good difference to your car.

Hopefully you'll see better performance and economy when your all done.

They are quite reliable over all.

Seems to be good on fuel and even with the hickups at the moment its still saving me some money lol last car I was using was terrible :),

Hopeing to get a load of pics and get them up on here in the gallery,

Got some plans for it when I get round to them once its all clean and as it should be,