Music - That was easy!

VAGCF

When I had my A6 I had to faff about to get the album art to show when playing music from an SD card.

But having got it to work, this time it was easy, just a case of copying the files onto another card.

Won't have to listen to Chris Evans on the way to work now, boring me to death with his own "personal" show! :clap:

Sound from the sat nav system is very good.

What files?

Music files, copied from a PCs music library to an SD card that slots into the radio and holds the music instead of CDs.

I have an  8gb SD card in mine with about 84 CD albums on it that show all album artwork, tracks and artist etc.

Much better and easier to use than a CD player.

My SD card is 32gb and worked fine but I never got 'art work' just track details but then mine is only a 2012 Bolero.

I've now succumbed to a 64gb iPod touch which the Bolero lock onto with alacrity - massive tracks of British big bands (sad really) for less than ~ £5 via iTunes floats my boat. (V sad).

twaddle....the music quality is the same and it is as easy to use as the sd card. The only difference is the quantity of music.

twaddle....the music quality is the same and it is as easy to use as the sd card. The only difference is the quantity of music.

I am always using the SD card for music in the car now, have dug out CD albums that would have never been played because of the faff and finding somewhere to store them in the car.

My last car had a single CD player that hardly got used but because I can now have 80+ albums at my fingertips that can be displayed as actual album covers, artist or tracks it is so much more enjoyable and easy to play what's needed as the mood takes me.

The bit about sound quality holds true in a quiet room at home but in the car with all the noises around and with the pretty good sound system in the Yeti it does not.

There was someone that would not buy a new Yeti because it did not have a CD player, after having the SD card option I would say for me the reverse is true.

• Like 4

Presumably, the same way one would with one album, indeed one tune, to listen to. You can only listen to one recording at a time!

Presumably, the same way one would with one album, indeed one tune, to listen to. You can only listen to one recording at a time!

This has always been a bone of contention. There's a finable law against using and being spotted using a mobile phone but no laws against fiddling with the radio or media player, lighting a fag or other internal habits while driving/moving so long as it does not create DWUCA. Yes you could probably be stopped and warned but not fined. I have though heard of drivers eating and drinking being stopped.

CD's do sound better, unless you can download or copy at the same quality and I did miss my 6 CD changer from my Passat when I moved to the A6 with it's single CD and SD card music system. With a multi CD it will at least play through the various CD's. They only ever got changed if my wife was in the passenger seat. :) The SD card is even better with a multitude of albums on it. I just let it play through them and never fiddle when driving.

I wonder how you manage to drive safetly with 80 albums to listen to!

We have probably 100s of radio channels to listen to but we don't change those every few minutes. Likewise the 80+ albums I have on an SD card will play for ever without touching it, not even having to change a physical CD. I don't even have to touch the Amundsen, just press voice control without taking hand of wheel or eyes off road and am able to chose Artist, Album or Track by voice command.