ages of yeti drivers

phil007

Help me out guys! My wife keeps saying a yeti is an old mans car (the day after I orderd one!) What age's are you yeti drivers? Im 44 by the way(is that old?)cheers

She def has that wrong - Rover 45  is an old mans car :) Did she get that info form the Daily Mail ?

So when she wants to go anywhere & needs a lift, you can advise her to either take the bus or if you are a 2 car family, she can take the womans car  :o  throwing back that she would not want to be seen on an old mans car.  ;)

Yeti is a small family ( 1 or 2 rugrats) or an " empty nesters " car that can be reasonably loaded up to pootle of on trips in comfort.

My wife used to try to influence MY choice of cars, but I constantly pointed out that I would be the main driver, & that she didn't have to ride as a passenger, and if got what she wanted & i hated  it she would never hear the end of it. :) 

When we got the Yeti as the family car, I was 46 and my wife a bit less. It still makes an excellent family wagon, and with the Haldex and raised/compliant suspension, it's a quick and quiet car.

On reflection, I think the OP's wife is right, even if for the wrong reasons.  It probably does take many years of experience, in many different cars and a wide variety of driving environments and circumstances to truly appreciate the unique blend of characteristics that defines the Yeti.  It might be wasted on the young... 

• Like 1

I think she's getting mixed up with a Roomster. I know I did when I first started looking into getting my first Yeti many moons ago. A lot of my work colleagues  have Roomsters and they are all without exception over 60!

^^^This

The Roomster is an old man's car.  I speak from experience because at 63 years of age, I'm on my second  :D

I had hoped to blow my pension pot on a third Roomster when I reach 65, but I doubt the new model will fit my garage.  So in two years' time, I will probably join you fine Yeti folk.  Old man's car or not  :p

I had a Roomster at 55 got my Yeti at 58, and actually I found the Roomster to be a more versatile car but unfortunately the seat to ground is a bit low. In reality though I consider them both to be domestic goods, like fridges.

Help me out guys! My wife keeps saying a yeti is an old mans car (the day after I orderd one!) What age's are you yeti drivers? Im 44 by the way(is that old?)cheers

I've only had mine just over a week and already I'm driving like an old man! :D I'm 61, by the way.

I'm 72, feel about 40 most of the time.

Anyway, it's just a number.

Hope it's your money so, buy what YOU want.

If someone else pays, buy what they want.

Enjoy life and driving the Yeti, I do.

• Like 2

I must admit I've gotten a lot more grey hairs since getting the Yeti. Probably a coincidence. :)

I keep wondering about some of those elasticated beige slacks advertised in the Express too. Have any of you tried those? Can you substantiate the manufacturer's claims that they're the most comfortable trousers you'll ever wear?

• Like 1

Oh, come on! Don't you enjoy freaking the kids now and then round the twisties :devil: ?

My kids just complain about the slippery leather seats and how much the slide around when I occasionally hit the twisters.

60 when I bought mine - that age when you can be pretty sure your not going to get that extra promotion at work, no one is surprised when you take a nap at your desk rather than trying to beat a meaningless deadline and when being surly and unhelpful is put down to "having character" rather than a disciplinary offence. Ah, good times.

• Like 2

I turned 71 years yesterday and have owned my Yeti for 4 years.  Great motor, only 31,000 miles run,  still immaculate and intend keeping it for as long as it enjoys being driven by a wrinkly.  In summary, I am unable to fault this car and it still sits atop the pile of Hondas, Mercs, Volvos and VWs that I've had over the years. Also, it is a very stable and capable tow car IMHO - been towing caravans since 1972, including summer hols in the former Yugoslavia and winter jaunts to the slopes of Austria.  Whatever your age, you'll never be disappointed with the Yeti.    

• Like 2

Got mine when I was 67 three years ago. It might be perceived as an old mans car and yes I have got a beard and two dogs but part of its charm is that it looks like an old mans car with an old man driving it but it can show a good many cars a clean pair of heels if you try.

I also agree that age is just a number and when it comes to driving a Yeti you can just go on and on all day - We drive to Spain 2 or 3 times a year and usually drive from Banbury to Pamplona in a day (900 miles) and Pamplona to Malaga the next day (600 miles) and can still walk when we get out.

It's the first car that I have had and liked enough to buy another one the same (I should be so lucky)

• Like 1

I'm 31. For me the selling point was the awesome family friendly features (2 little ones) without being too large to squeeze into the allocated parking for my house.

• Like 2

I like the fact it has an old man image.

Makes it all the more satisfying to surprise unsuspecting Audi tailgaters. Having a remapped 170 helps :D

How I'd love to spend a week driving Richards 510bhp monster.

Was 40 when I got mine.