Gaz

Photo's of my Superb...

PICT0001_zpsmn7pbdir.jpg

because I don't own it any more  :'(

coz I've traded it in.....

PICT0003_zpsrirurgqg.jpg

And now I own this:

PICT0005_zpsksi7pfjh.jpg

It's the first, and only, time in my life I expect to be able to have bought a brand new car.  So I bit the bullet and went for it.

The Superb has been an awesome beastie and a delight to own.  Testament to how good it was is that it was seemingly fitting that I've been driving today to appointments around the county, and I was having second thoughts, right up until arriving at the garage tonight.  I will miss it's leisurely effortless torque, and the little growl hello it gave me when I fired it up  :blush:

So into Octy III vRS ownership I go.  It's the 220ps DSG and has lots of kit I've yet to find out about  B)  It goes well!

I'll still pop in from time to time as I like the Mk1 arena and seeing what's going on.  But for now, ta ra chaps, all the best.  It's been fun  :hi:

Gaz

• Like 3

Gaz,

Congratulations on the new car - hope you have lots of fun with it and it serves you as well as your Superb seems to have.

0wl

P.s. I like the fact you chose an inconspicuous colour :D

• Like 4

Cheers Chaps, I'm hoping to be spotted more!  :sun:

Looks nice

Surprised you didn’t wait for a Superb though...

They've got an L&K one down there in really dark brown, almost black on a sunny day in the shade.  Did look nice  B)

Gaz

Congrats Gaz, nice new car!

I must say I have been thinking about parting with my MK1, but considering how much effort I have put into keeping her running, I might get too emotional to let her go  :sweat:

She is still ticking along nicely at 146k miles.  Just been round another 4000 mile round trip to the Adriatic and back, she hasn't missed single beat, and at just over a Euro per litre of diesel this summer, she hasn't even had an expensive diet either!

Anyway, enough rambling, enjoy the new car!

Edited by oh_superb
  • Like 3

Let mine go with a genuine 74k miles on the clock in case you fancied b a s t a r dising.  Think it'll be at auction next week at no reserve.  Belts due next Feb, both outer CV's clicking on full lock. Very tidy NSF inner door handle!

It was a bit emotional driving off and leaving the Superb behind  :blush:  Didn't feel quite right.

Thankfully the vRS is very different.  Proper quick is it.  I thought the cornering headlights would be a gimmick, but they're my favourite new toy so far - very impressive.

Gaz

Gaz, was your Superb deep sea blue, like mine?

My belts are due in a few thou miles too, now on 146k, but if I push to 80k interval then due at 156k, though I would be more comfortable changing sooner.  Then the brake discs/pads would benefit from a refresh, CV boots (though CV joints are still OK, still originals!) need doing (not leaking just cracked), driver's side top mount needs replacing as it started knocking (did the other side 2 months ago, same symptoms), lower arms might need replacing both sides as rubber perished (as found out today), drop links are tired too or ARB bush not sure, brake hoses are cracked (MOT advisory last year and 20K miles ago), tyres have now gone noisy (35k miles on these Barums) so would benefit from 4x new corners, the auto tranny oil/filter change is now due too (can see in quality of gearshifts)…. 

Phew…  And the 300GBP road tax is due end Sept too, so I would need to spend over  a grand on the car in the next couple of months, but then that would give me another 2 yrs of motoring probably...

Cornering HID is unmissable on my next car as an option to have...

Regularly drive Mercedes company cars and they all have them, what a delight (auto dip and main beam is genuinely good too) at night, especially around tight bends.  Super bright too, much better than the Superb's units (even with new-ish Osram CBI bulbs).  Does the vRS have auto main/dip too?

Edited by oh_superb

Once skoda, always skoda :)

Congratulations, nice car. :)

Im wondering how many "old" members on this forum left with Sup?

Never say never, but I just cant sell/ change my Sup for any car, I dont know why, but I think thats love <3 :)

• Like 1

Gaz, was your Superb deep sea blue, like mine?

I can never remember if it was deep blue or nightfire blue.  Always looked to me to be in between the two, and certainly a lighter shade than yours.

Gaz

Yes in the photos it comes through as a lighter shade, and have seen them like that before, mine is a deeper shade of blue… and apart from a bit of lacquer peel on the roof on a small area, it is in good nick, seems like good paint quality now into its 14th year!  Goodness, is it really that old!?!?

I can never remember if it was deep blue or nightfire blue.  Always looked to me to be in between the two, and certainly a lighter shade than yours.

Gaz

Thats the one... NightfireBlue (I had a Deep Sea Blue one before and it’s far darker)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice cars!! Loving the new Octavia! Congrats!

Is it springs or coilovers you had on the superb? Sits perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told it was on springs, but I just thought it was a bit saggy  :think:

Somehow this makes me miserable:

http://www.lmcmotorsales.co.uk/used-car-skoda-superb-saloon-4505

Daft how we get attached to things  :'(

Gaz

• 6 years later...

Blimey, it's been six and a half years since I let the Superb go 😲 (I was looking for the date I picked up the vRS and thought I'd find it in here).

It doesn't appear to be taxed or insured, so I presume the worst 🥲

Gaz