Passenger Electric Window Switch Not Working

Hi

The passenger electric window on my 2001 Fabia works if you use the driver side switch, but not if you use the passenger side switch. So, I'm suspecting the switch itself on the passenger side is the problem.

Is there a way that I can verify this, perhaps by jumping a couple of wires at the switch connector to activate it, or probing it with a multimetre? I'd rather be certain before I pay for a new switch :)

Edited by wiredsoftware

As far as I can see from a wiring diagram, the switch connects a different resistance between pins 1 and 2 of the connector depending on whether you press up or down.  So you could take the switch off and see whether you get any readings at all between those pins as you press the switch each way. I'm sure there's a how-to thread somewhere for cleaning the little contact pads on the circuit board (if you don't get any sensible resistance readings).

Thanks, getting appropriate voltage down the wires, but switch doesn't seem to contact, so I'm on the lookout for a new switch. Went to the breakers, but none left on any of their five Fabias, so guess it's a common fault!

I had it on mine, I took the switch apart and pressed the little rubber bit underneath.

It worked, found one of the ball bearings had come out of the spring.

Refitted and it was sound.

• Like 1

I had it on mine, I took the switch apart and pressed the little rubber bit underneath.

It worked, found one of the ball bearings had come out of the spring.

Refitted and it was sound.

Thanks - tried that but no response from the switch I'm afraid.

All sorted. Switch was faulty, no response across it on the multimeter when pressed, replaced and all is fine.

Glad you got it fixed OK.

Did you enjoy the firework display last night, on The Hoe?

My lad said he had lots trouble on finding a parking place, but got there in time to see the whole display..

Slightly related, occasionally my window switch will make the window go down instead of up, from the drivers side.

I thought this was the issue until it happen using the passenger door switch too.

So will both be buggered or am I looking at a new regulator?

Slightly related, occasionally my window switch will make the window go down instead of up, from the drivers side.

I thought this was the issue until it happen using the passenger door switch too.

So will both be buggered or am I looking at a new regulator?

Thats a known fabia issue, the cure is to put up with it lol, it'll swap back to normal again at some point

Thats a known fabia issue, the cure is to put up with it lol, it'll swap back to normal again at some point

Haha that is usual response but worried it will fail and I'll be stuck with the window down.