Yeti lights

Leannehampson84

Living where I live, cruise control is about as much use as earache - you are never able to maintain the same speed for more than a few hundred yards and I have to say I've never bother to find out how to operate it on my current car or the Yeti before it.

• Like 2

Living where I live, cruise control is about as much use as earache - you are never able to maintain the same speed for more than a few hundred yards and I have to say I've never bother to find out how to operate it on my current car or the Yeti before it.

You have my sympathy, my youngest daughter lived in London for a while and I was forced to drive down to see her once or twice. I thought it was a very close run question which was preferable, driving in London or having a root canal filling :) .

I agree about the feeling of being out of control but I do use cruise control a lot on all types of roads *but* always knock it off on the approach to any bend that isn't 'open' i.e. a slight one which I can see right round and hasn't got any potential hazards on it. I certainly wouldn't want to be without it (cruise control) now.

Really sorry to say this.... but am sure others are thinking it....

If people don't know how to use the headlights, or understand what each icon/symbol means and does - people should question their ability to drive. Even more so if there are only three options!!

Quite possible why so many people drive around in heavy fog/rain/darkness with no lights on, or drive around in bright sunshine with front fog lights on.

Plus, the biggest help will be the manual - read that alongside the highway code. 

• Like 3

^  ooooohhhhh heck!

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  

I also am concerned at not knowing exactly what each icon means on the screens etc. I searched the book quickly to find pictures and a list, but in vain. Will try again when I have more time.

When I start the car, there is a little green symbol with a car (I think its a car) on an angle.  This goes off when I drive off, but I have no idea of its meaning.  Probably means green to go.

Interesting really - having driven 55ish years not knowing these symbols, it doesn't seem to have affected my safety record.

I purchased a fairly inexpensive car - fortunately not a Lamborghini - as I probably couldn't have found out how to even start it :D  :D - but now find I have actually purchased a highly complicated computer - and all I wanted was a car!  :devil:

Putting myself right into the line of fire now :p

Have a wonderful Yeti day y'all. :sun:

Really sorry to say this.... but am sure others are thinking it....

If people don't know how to use the headlights, or understand what each icon/symbol means and does - people should question their ability to drive. Even more so if there are only three options!!

Quite possible why so many people drive around in heavy fog/rain/darkness with no lights on, or drive around in bright sunshine with front fog lights on.

Plus, the biggest help will be the manual - read that alongside the highway code. 

With cars technology nowadays there has never been a better need to RTFM

How many people will own a car for several years, sell it and then realise later from talking to other people / reading a forum what their previous car was actually capable of?

A magnifying lens might help reading the manual .

Is there an actual list showing the icons and their meanings?

Sorry, its an extremely confusing manual - covering all the different options clustered together, covering all Yetis.  But I suppose no more confusing than many other manuals mentioning items which your model doesn't have.

Don't need a magnifying glass yet :rofl:  - just reading hundreds of different items which don't concern me - and many of which I don't even understand - seems a waste of time. I skipped through and listed a couple of items on a yellow sticky and put them in the book.

On some appliances these days, the manuals are so complicated, that they include a 'starter' guide which lists the main items to know.  Cars should do this I think.

Apparently, I have BiXenon lights - whatever these are!! :sweat:  :D  :D  As far as I am concerned, a headlamp is a headlamp.  :peek:

I would point out that I have now asked many of my friends whether they have read the manuals of their cars - none have!!  One said his eyes glazed over when he attempted it!!

Point and shoot seems to be the order of the day :angel:  - perhaps the wrong analogy for a car though.

Apparently, I have BiXenon lights - whatever these are!! :sweat:  :D  :D  As far as I am concerned, a headlamp is a headlamp.  :peek:

Drive a car at night with ‘normal’ halogen headlights and you will know the difference! 

• Like 3

Download the “Škoda Service” app

Under the ‘My Car’ there is a section “Control Lamps’ which describes what the common warning lights mean

And what is a Skoda Service app?  I don't have a smartphone - just a flip phone - which unbelievably, manages to make 'phone calls.  But it has never heard of an app!!

However, since the Skoda dealership is very close to here, I shall go down and ask for a list of warning lights.  Be interesting to see if they are willing to supply this.  I also need to ask about the different types of servicing - since this is income, I have no doubt that this will be fully explained!! 

Drive a car at night with ‘normal’ halogen headlights and you will know the difference! 

Well, my last car had normal lights and the other night I drove this one and didn't notice a difference!!

Its a headlight for 'G-d's' sake - ROTFL!!

Giving me a wonderful Sunday morning laugh!!  Love petrol heads - good mind to send a copy of this thread to Chris Evans.  I might get a starring role! :D  Champion winder-upper that's moi!

Well, my last car had normal lights and the other night I drove this one and didn't notice a difference!!

Its a headlight for 'G-d's' sake - ROTFL!!

Really??

So the first time you used your Yeti at night (especially when you put main beam on) you didn’t think ‘ wow those are bright’?

• Like 1

Thank you - looked at the index and couldn't find a list of icons.  Do you know (obviously having read the manual back to front and upside down) where the list is, so that I can print it out.  When my printer is repaired of course :D

I would like a list of icons which could appear, with their brief meaning beside them.  Then I can look up the index and find the problem in detail.

Thank you - just the ticket.  Page 36 of 232 - oh dear.  Should be at the beginning in a fold-out format.  Imagine....... a light comes on and you have to read 36 pages to find out what it's all about!

Anyway, when I get a new printer, I shall print this out.  Could prove invaluable.  Thanks again for the list.

Hope you are having fun with this thread.  Seems to have got some people going.

FYI - the reason I bought the Yeti had nothing to do with all the technology.  Even didn't mind the cassette player in my old car!!

I bought it primarily because it was most suitable for getting my 100 year old mother in and out!!  The pax seat doesn't go down quite far enough, but I have a step for that and at least I am not having to haul her out of the car as she only has to slide down an inch. 

I need automatic.

It needs to pull a horse trailer.

So, I am a happy bunny and taking Mum and the AX HAGG out to lunch.  Would have liked the L&K, but too much technology with that one.  Would not have trusted it to park itself anyway.  How would it have known where I wanted  to park if I didn't show it?

I think most lady drivers are a different breed.  Statistics show that we are more careful drivers - probably concentrating on the road and not on the technology :clap:  Wow!!!! 

Edited by twoladies
  • Like 2

Thank you - just the ticket. Page 36 of 232 - oh dear. Should be at the beginning in a fold-out format. Imagine....... a light comes on and you have to read 36 pages to find out what it's all about!

Anyway, when I get a new printer, I shall print this out. Could prove invaluable. Thanks again for the list.

Hope you are having fun with this thread. Seems to have got some people going.

FYI - the reason I bought the Yeti had nothing to do with all the technology. Even didn't mind the cassette player in my old car!!

I bought it primarily because it was most suitable for getting my 100 year old mother in and out!! The pax seat doesn't go down quite far enough, but I have a step for that and at least I am not having to haul her out of the car as she only has to slide down an inch.

I need automatic.

It needs to pull a horse trailer.

So, I am a happy bunny and taking Mum and the AX HAGG out to lunch. Would have liked the L&K, but too much technology with that one. Would not have trusted it to park itself anyway. How would it have known where I wanted to park if I didn't show it?

I think most lady drivers are a different breed. Statistics show that we are more careful drivers - probably concentrating on the road and not on the technology :clap: Wow!!!!

What's a cassette player?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

What's a cassette player?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Lurv it!!   Good one :clap:

BTW - just found out that the green light with the car on the slope, means put yer foot on the brake!!  Such clever technology - but I resent the implication that I don't know to do that!!!  ROTFL

Edited by twoladies

Lurv it!!   Good one :clap:

BTW - just found out that the green light with the car on the slope, means put yer foot on the brake!!  Such clever technology - but I resent the implication that I don't know to do that!!!  ROTFL

Ah the ‘car’ that is actually a shoe then?  :D

I guessed that was what you meant but wasn’t sure.

• Like 1

:clap:  :clap: :clap:  

I also am concerned at not knowing exactly what each icon means on the screens etc. I searched the book quickly to find pictures and a list, but in vain. Will try again when I have more time.

When I start the car, there is a little green symbol with a car (I think its a car) on an angle.  This goes off when I drive off, but I have no idea of its meaning.  Probably means green to go.

Interesting really - having driven 55ish years not knowing these symbols, it doesn't seem to have affected my safety record.

I purchased a fairly inexpensive car - fortunately not a Lamborghini - as I probably couldn't have found out how to even start it :D  :D - but now find I have actually purchased a highly complicated computer - and all I wanted was a car!  :devil:

Putting myself right into the line of fire now :p

Have a wonderful Yeti day y'all. :sun:

If yours is an automatic (DSG) then it may be the symbol to remind you to hold the brake pedal down before going into drive.

If its not, and you live on a hill, it may be HHC (hill hold control) as that is a symbol of a car on a slope.

What I said about people not knowing what each button/symbol on their cars means or does - it was more refering to the basics - I would see the use and function of headlights one of the key things that every driver should know before they drive a car, any car, any distance. That and indicators, wipers & horn - ie the safety items. The bits like HHC etc are something for the handbook or learning over time.