Any point modifying my car?

jackw96

Hi, new driver and new briskoda member here. I recently bought a used Fabia MK1 (1.2 HTP 16v model), and have just been sat patiently wondering what to do with her. Happy with the car and love the way it drives, the question is, what performance/power mods and enhancements should i be looking for? p.s. wanting the extra power for acceleration and maybe that little extra drop of bhp. Thanks anyone that replies.

• Like 1

With the money you'd be using for performance mods + resale value from your current car + a few more pounds, you could probably get a PD100. Not sure how are the prices in the UK.

Good job not choosing the 6v by the way! :)

Hi, new driver and new briskoda member here. I recently bought a used Fabia MK1 (1.2 HTP 16v model), and have just been sat patiently wondering what to do with her. Happy with the car and love the way it drives, the question is, what performance/power mods and enhancements should i be looking for? p.s. wanting the extra power for acceleration and maybe that little extra drop of bhp. Thanks anyone that replies.

In answer to your thread title, I'd say NO.

You have a bought a great little car. Just enjoy it and look after it. Save your cash for something else.

All the best.

Whiteline rear anti-roll bar. Though if you're a newer/less experienced driver I'd first recommend some driver training - like a performance course or skid pan etc, possibly in your own car. RARBs are "through the hedge backwards" type of mods. They feel utterly great right up to the point that it all goes wrong.

As for the rest, remap will likely run best on 98RON or maybe if you decide to only use SUL you can get a  little more out of it.

Consider getting the bumper inserts covered or painted. Either to match the car or contrast. Please avoid CF look.... Consider getting the roof covered?

J.