Heater fault

Hi all

Returned from holiday yesterday, collected the car and set off home only to find it red hot inside even thou the heaters where turned down, so put the air con on

After getting out of the motorway build up, noticed the heat was coming from the passenger side and wasn't controlling what ever was tried so called in at the local dealer on way back but no one was avalible to have a look so it's booked in to be looked at

The thing is it now seems to be working ok so should I still take it in to be checked or will they be not able to find anything or will something have been recorded as a fault

Cheers

Edited by Snapper1725

Just a thought as it's hot on the passenger side. Did you accidentally hit the "dual" button, if so it wouldn't matter how much you turned down the right control the left would stay at the higher temperature.

I've had the same thing happen about three or four times since I bought the car. I think a flap gets stuck open on maximum heat. I've found it clears itself after the car is stopped or if you turn all the controls off for a few minutes. I asked the dealer to look at it when it went for a service but they said it's working fine and proceeded to demonstate to me how to use the controls.

Maybe try to reset the air vent flaps. On the heater controls panel press (and hold) both the 'AC' button and the button that allows air to blow directly outwards (I.e the face vent as opposed to the button that blows to your feet) at the same time. The lights On the buttons should start start flashing. This allows all the flaps to recalibrate and reset. It might work.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe try to reset the air vent flaps. On the heater controls panel press (and hold) both the 'AC' button and the button that allows air to blow directly outwards (I.e the face vent as opposed to the bent that blows to your feet) at the same time. The lights On the buttons should start start flashing. This allows all the flaps to recalibrate and reset. It might work.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that the first time the fault occured, but it's still happened again, though only about once or twice a year, so it's hardly worth bothering to take it any further.

Mine has done it perhaps three times in the three and a bit years I've had the car. Never had any fault codes so I suspect its a software bug! Simply switching off the ignition and restarting fixes it for me.