dipstick tube

If memory serves me correctly it looks more like the 2nd one to me. The slot that the metal plate with your pipework on slots into is quite simple, looks a bit too complex on the first one. If I was picking one I'd go for the 2nd one. I used to get mine off ebay, choice seemed to be a bit more clear cut.

Replaced mine recently - definitely looked like the second one.

Mine snapped off at the flared bit where it pushes onto the metal tube. I had fun trying to remove that as there isn't much room! I managed to get a flat blade screwdriver in there to lever the old bit off.

Are you replacing the dipstick as well? My dipstick plastic also went brittle.

Replaced mine recently - definitely looked like the second one.

Mine snapped off at the flared bit where it pushes onto the metal tube. I had fun trying to remove that as there isn't much room! I managed to get a flat blade screwdriver in there to lever the old bit off.

Are you replacing the dipstick as well? My dipstick plastic also went brittle.

Mine too, worth doing. The exact same thing happened to me, I was able fold one of those awful oem clips and shove it down and expanded and grabbed it allowing me to pull it out.

How does it go back on? I changed mine after it snapped and the new one just slips on loosely with a little pull it comes straight back off where it should be connected to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it go back on? I changed mine after it snapped and the new one just slips on loosely with a little pull it comes straight back off where it should be connected to

Make sure it's seated right by rotating it a bit, then push it harder. The force my old one needed to come off gave me an idea how much force to use to push the new one back on.

There's a pic of the inside of the tube here (not mine).

Make sure it's seated right by rotating it a bit, then push it harder. The force my old one needed to come off gave me an idea how much force to use to push the new one back on.

There's a pic of the inside of the tube here (not mine).

Got yah so do the little tabs inside fit in some grooves or something

at least it didn't cost much - the part number on the packet ended with a C - from a quick check of that part number I think it is a dipstick for a 2.0 engine or something - bloody GSF system :(

Oh ok, could have sworn it looked right. Try ebay search for 1.8t. I found gen ones and they were fine. That first one doesn't look quite right either though with the way the slot is...might be wrong though, was before, but then it seems we all were lol. Head scratching time.

I know, the first ones looks ok but the slot runs the wrong way it sticks out to the side, it is also on the wrong curve of the tube

I've ordered the second one, found a TT owner who had used them bfore - surely this one must fit!!

If not I'll have fun returning them next time I'm near a gsf store!!!!!!