VCDS options on Superb III

Posting by SuperB NI

My Fathers car

"Only negative things are bad quallity on camera and no traffic FM recording only live traffic reports (the traffic via TMC in Slovenia isn't working). Also the LED pacakge doesn't include the lights in trunk and the lights at the bottom of front doors. We changed them to LED, disabled the Star-Stop system via VCDS and the mode button has this annoying orange lights so we disable it also via VCDS (Passat tutorial was used here). "

Edited by BurialConstant

In new VCDS verison 15.7 there are a lot of options for coding, but not all of them are avilable, some simple ones like this for mode button to change color in white, they are but most of them are in Cent. Electornics sections which isnt supported in version 15.7. So, for all the options we must wait but some of them are possible to code.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SuperB-Nl
  • Like 1

It looks like we will be able to enable some good stuff:

3 High beam assist

Don’t forget there are 3 different types of headlights now:

Halogen

Bi-Xenon

Bi-Xenon  with additional LED strips (in addition to the DRL LED’s - as in my Avatar) this option (smart light assist) is only £100 for the L&K but £900 for the SE / SE L

for me its worth paying the extra £100.

• Like 1

Take a look at the things that can be done on the Octavia MKIII  as it shares the same MQB platform as the MKIII Superb I would imaging it will be very similar. 

Yes, they are quite similar, though according to my (little for now :D ) experience  some things do not work on Superb.

Also you have to use a little logic to get to the correct tweaks (for example working on lights channells, etc.).

• Like 1

Don’t forget there are 3 different types of headlights now:

Halogen

Bi-Xenon

Bi-Xenon  with additional LED strips (in addition to the DRL LED’s - as in my Avatar) this option (smart light assist) is only £100 for the L&K but £900 for the SE / SE L

for me its worth paying the extra £100.

I thought the LED strips where standard on the L&K?

No, only the LED DRL strips are std on Xenon lights

If you want the additional 7 strips (going from the projector to the front) then you need to spec the smart light assist.

I wonder how many new owners are going to get ‘caught out’ with this??

• Like 2

Page 8 of the brochure:

"Three types of headlights and two styles of taillights are available for the new Superb, each unique in technology and style. The higher-end options celebrate the renowned Bohemian glass-cutting skills.

"The Bi-Xenon headlights include decorative cut crystal high beam lights.

Stylish illuminated decorative strips also feature in the headlights with the Smart light assist function.

7-new-skoda-superb-front_0_zpsmlljtl9l.j

I was looking at these yesterday at a car at Rainworth. It def wasn't an L&K so was either a SEL or business ? It had the led strips that also double as indicators. You are saying these are standard on the Xenons ?

It also had the seven strips but I didn't really notice if they were illuminated or not. Are they still present on a not light assist equipped car but just not illuminated ?

Yes the LED DRL/Indicator (which runs across the bottom and up the outside) are std on the Xenons

Below the additional strips are present... but not lit:

SUPERB-ESTATE-REVIEW-HEADER.jpg

Below are better photos showing the Smart Light Assist additional strips (lit):

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367220-fathers-new-superb/

dsc0213.jpg

dsc1546.jpg

Compared to the halogen headlights (no LED’s no projectors and it looks like the indicator is the bottom triangle?)

gallery_6_20_267567.jpg

You would have thought so wouldn’t you!

They do have the LED tail lights on all models, with the L&K also gaining:

LED exterior light package (LED rear tail lights high, registration plate illumination and boarding spots) 

Thanks Gizmo all that info and on the other thread very informative.... I'm not 100% I like those extra LED strips anyway... I wonder how hard it would be to fit them at a later date ....

• Like 2

If they are there (but unlit) then I would imagine its just coding? BUT if they are not there then it will be a pair of headlights!

The LED’s are not present if you do not spec Smart Light Assist

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 1

Probably just coding but I can live without, never going with many extras now as on trading in worthless!

I've heard this before but I don't get it. If you're in the market for a 2nd hand car and all things are equal then the one with more extras would be more desirable. And a more desirable car would mean greater demand. And greater demand would imply you could get away with a higher for sale price. The extra you get will never be as much as the sum of the optional extras from new because the extras would depreciate about the same as the base price of the car but my logical thinking makes me believe it wouldn't be worthless. No?

• Like 1

It's my view that sometimes we can get rather over concerned with after effects and other peoples opinions in the buying process. It's perfectly understandable with the costs involved. In effect, going with the 'in' colour or not buying options you want because they'll be worthless when selling (which I also don't get techno79). However, I'm also of the opinion you live once and if it's within your means then spec what you want. Sure, some descisions may be a mistake but we grow from our mistakes, not from a general consensus.

Sorry, this post is a bit off topic. More on topic, if I could disable start/stop that would be first on my VCDS list.

• Like 1

I guess for me I don't like the idea that an engine off means I've not got instant control. I know it's quick to start but I'd prefer the engine on all the time. Also, I don't think it can do much good to the battery (which seems to be supplied from the factory with the least capacity Skoda can get away with) if like me you like to have some booming music sucking out power.

I can't think of a single time in my very old car without stop/start that I've thought "hmm I could save a few pence turning off my engine in this traffic". I'd like to keep my battery for longer thanks. I expect drivers familiar with stop / start won't have such an antiquated view as me ;)

As an aside I don't think I'd want to switch off my engine with my stereo on running an 800w 4 channel amp, 600w 4 channel amp and 600w mono amp :D

• Like 1