VCDS options on Superb III

Can the intermittent speed on the lowest wiper option be adjusted by vcds? When on auto, I find that it activates too soon and is causing noise when drawing across the windscreen as there isn't enough moisture on the screen. I came from a 2009 octavia which had a much longer time delay. I know the speed of the car is taken into play but I'm comparing it to the normal speeds I did with the octavia.

Can this be done? Any takers?

Can this be done? Any takers?

Not that I am aware of.

Doesn't changing sensitivity with button on wipers stalk work for you?

Edited by mtl

Yes, my car has Kessy. Why?

Because only on cars with Kessy you can also close the boot, on cars without it you cannot close it via remote control...

Because only on cars with Kessy you can also close the boot, on cars without it you cannot close it via remote control...

Also on MY2016?

Also on MY2016?

Mine is MY2016  with Kessy  and i can open and close the boot with remote but you need to be out of the car. it doesnt work if the key fob is in the car. 

Definitely not. Which vcds version are you using?

With VCDS no. I presume you have Kessy, right?

I have just download the latest 17.1.0 but i havent tried on the car yet. I was using 16.8.0  i think  when i checked last time. 

Not that I am aware of.

Doesn't changing sensitivity with button on wipers stalk work for you?

That's the problem. It's too sensitive or activates too soon, which ever way you want to describe it. Thanks anyhow mtl.

Even if you have it on the most left setting?

Yes. I have it on the slowest setting (all the way to the left) and it's operating with barely noticeable moisture hitting the windscreen, causing the wipers to start screeching across the windscreen. As a result I don't have it on auto any longer and flick the stalk down as and when needed unless in real rain when it's put on fully. The way it's going I'll be replacing the wiper blades a lot sooner than expected.

Edited by BennyS3

But if you have VCP you can change that, so cars without KESSY can close the boot via the remote as well.

Just a note of interest, earlier in this thread I read that the keyless entry system does not work on proximity and could not be switched on via VCDs. I have seen a advert for the new Seat SUV where one of the cars selling points is that it unlocks as you approach and locks as you move away. Just wondered if Seat & Skoda as same family would be using same keyless system ?

But if you have VCP you can change that, so cars without KESSY can close the boot via the remote as well.

Correct, though I think that it is not so straightforward for newer models...

Just a note of interest, earlier in this thread I read that the keyless entry system does not work on proximity and could not be switched on via VCDs. I have seen a advert for the new Seat SUV where one of the cars selling points is that it unlocks as you approach and locks as you move away. Just wondered if Seat & Skoda as same family would be using same keyless system ?

It could be that this is connected with ''half-generation'' change, etc. new Ateca, Kodiaq, facelift Octavia 3, facelift Golf 7. If it is so then also Superb will get it with MY change or facelift.

Can you link the add?

Ok, not sure how this is related to my original question, maybe I didn't formulate it clearly.

I would like to a avoid a situation where the boot would open by unintentional long press of the middle (boot) button on the remote. I have it always in my jeans pocket. It's one thing that the car doors are unlocked unintentionally (and they will anyway soon lock again if no door is opened), but to get to the car after a day and that it waits for you with the open boot, in the rain, well, scary. I also have virtual pedal so really no use for this remote function, just a real possibility for some big problem.

I'd also have no problem of disabling the boot button on the remote completely, if that would be possible via VCDS.

If not possible to disable it using VCDS, do you think it can be disabled by a dealer?

Ok, not sure how this is related to my original question, maybe I didn't formulate it clearly.

I would like to a avoid a situation where the boot would open by unintentional long press of the middle (boot) button on the remote. I have it always in my jeans pocket. It's one thing that the car doors are unlocked unintentionally (and they will anyway soon lock again if no door is opened), but to get to the car after a day and that it waits for you with the open boot, in the rain, well, scary. I also have virtual pedal so really no use for this remote function, just a real possibility for some big problem.

I'd also have no problem of disabling the boot button on the remote completely, if that would be possible via VCDS.

If not possible to disable it using VCDS, do you think it can be disabled by a dealer?

This has been a problem for me on several occasions too! It's not just you who looks out of the house window to find the boot wide open in the rain! With the handle-touch locking and unlocking, it isn't really necessary to use any of the buttons on the remote - I'm thinking of getting a small (matchbox sized) box to put the key in. In the mean time I've taken to keeping it in a breast pocket if I have one.

Correct, though I think that it is not so straightforward for newer models...

It could be that this is connected with ''half-generation'' change, etc. new Ateca, Kodiaq, facelift Octavia 3, facelift Golf 7. If it is so then also Superb will get it with MY change or facelift.

Can you link the add?

mtl

http://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/new-ateca/technology.html

try this, scroll down page, it definitely shows proximity as beginning the reason for the lock / unlock sequence being initiated.

mtl

try this, scroll down page, it definitely shows proximity as beginning the reason for the lock / unlock sequence being initiated.

My MY2016 Superb doesn't exactly unlock the car as you approach, but when you grip the door handle with the key in your pocket it unlocks. Similarly if you touch the right bit of the handle after you get out and close the door, the car locks. So no need to get the key out of your pocket, and since you need to grip the handle to open the door anyway I don't really see any advantage of the car unlocking itself as you approach. Yes I do have to touch the door handle to lock but to be honest I think I prefer that to having it lock automatically - you don't always want to lock the car when you walk away with the key.

I have a photo of my sensors behind rear mirror

http://prntscr.com/dx8qvf

So I guess I dont have front facing camera, can anybody know is it possible to install this camera later in few years?

It does not.

y guess is that it would be better to replace the car for a car with camera. Maybe you could get away with it if you would get all the parts from car in accident, but even then there are not a lot of people that would manage to do this. You would also have to change front window, rear-view mirror mount, maybe some other electronics, camera needs to be calibrated, etc.

mtl

Interesting, it definitely says proximity:

KEYLESS ENTER & GO

With this feature you no longer have to worry about taking your keys out of your pocket to unlock your car. Simply approach the vehicle and it will unlock depending on proximity.
I will have to check with my local dealer if this is true or just another marketing bull**** :).

My MY2016 Superb doesn't exactly unlock the car as you approach, but when you grip the door handle with the key in your pocket it unlocks. Similarly if you touch the right bit of the handle after you get out and close the door, the car locks. So no need to get the key out of your pocket, and since you need to grip the handle to open the door anyway I don't really see any advantage of the car unlocking itself as you approach. Yes I do have to touch the door handle to lock but to be honest I think I prefer that to having it lock automatically - you don't always want to lock the car when you walk away with the key.

In my opinion Renault has this system perfect. It automatically locks the car when you are cca. 2m away, just what I would need.

Yes. I have it on the slowest setting (all the way to the left) and it's operating with barely noticeable moisture hitting the windscreen, causing the wipers to start screeching across the windscreen. As a result I don't have it on auto any longer and flick the stalk down as and when needed unless in real rain when it's put on fully. The way it's going I'll be replacing the wiper blades a lot sooner than expected.

Mine is the same, it can smell the moisture too with the humidity sensor i think.  hahaha  but so far it didnt let me down, if it start wiping and i am like where is the rain, then the drops get bigger and bigger .  Taiwan is very humidit. 

It does not.

y guess is that it would be better to replace the car for a car with camera. Maybe you could get away with it if you would get all the parts from car in accident, but even then there are not a lot of people that would manage to do this. You would also have to change front window, rear-view mirror mount, maybe some other electronics, camera needs to be calibrated, etc.

Then I am fu**ed :(, tenx for the info :)

Not everyone. The J and M module not yet already busy with those modules and VCP

Hey guys, i need help with my MY2017.

The car is factory equipped with Traffic Signs Recognition, Blind Spot Detect. I've successfully added the lane assist,

but when i've tried to add the light assist, VCDS 17.1.1 did not recognize the long coding of "09-Cent. Elect".

Here is a quick scan of the central electronic module

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 5Q0-937-08X-V2.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 CG    HW: 5Q0 937 084 CG
   Component: BCM MQBAB H   H34 0236  
   Serial number: 02001631501034
   Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00156
   ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMMQB 017001
   ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_017.rod
   VCID: 7FA0DC86BB7D4CE1D6-802A

Also the long coding of the A5 Camera module is completely different form the MY2016  cars.

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242)       Labels: 3Q0-980-65X-A5.clb
   Part No SW: 3Q0 980 654 G    HW: 3Q0 980 654 
   Component: MQB_B_MFK     H06 0231  
   Serial number: 20111612P20126
   Coding: 0204080200000401002223508040A80010000E100000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00158
   ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
   ROD: EV_MFKBoschMQBB.rod
   VCID: 3B6464FA8B91E48536-806E

I guest that we have to wait for a while in order to see the long coding of this part no: 5Q0 937 084 CG

Any suggestions ?

Edited by remix

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the XDS diff to 'Strong' on the Sportlines (not sure what other models have the diff)? 

I had this done on my Leon and you can tell a difference, would like to do it on my Sportline if possible.