VCDS options on Superb III

Pardon my blindness above. Thank you for letting me know it only has one.

Now I need to know if the other side can be lit via VCDS coding, or is it a reverse light in which case I will have to buy two replacement clusters. That would be a pain in the arse I can tell you.

I maybe wrong but IMO the logic is that it is coded as the car detects via GPS or is switched in settings whether it is driven on left or right side of road ( see the brilliant video from GuernseyDonkey) in which case the fog light is switched to the other side to comply with EU laws...

I maybe wrong but IMO the logic is that it is coded as the car detects via GPS or is switched in settings whether it is driven on left or right side of road ( see the brilliant video from GuernseyDonkey) in which case the fog light is switched to the other side to comply with EU laws...

Unfortunately, none of the Skoda's I have owned have done this. The headlights switch but not the fogs.

Cheekly, Skoda even coded the cars settings so the nearside foglight (set dimness to 0%) even when coded correctly by someone with VCDS did not light.

That was on the MY64 -MY15 Octy III, and now there are further changes to the MY16 setup currently being figured out. If it weren't for some absolute VCDS guru's on here we may never have found this out. All hail the VCDS Gods!

Ok, so my next question, are there 1 or 2 reverse lights and where are they situated?

Ok, so my next question, are there 1 or 2 reverse lights and where are they situated?

I haven't phisically checked, but there are two reverse lights coded. Sadly I do not have a photo of them.

Stop start... So is their a way to disable it ? Preferably so I press the button once and it stays disabled until I press it again ?

Dont want to discuss if I should be or not or if others like it or not :-)

• Like 2

It should be able to be coded out Nick just like on other models

I confirm that start/stop can be disabled permanently.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 2

I confirm that start/stop can be disabled permanently.

I assumed it would be possible, but thanks for the confirmation.

Could you add your input on the following thread please:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373413-i-didnt-know-it-could-do-that/?p=4395804

i.e. what is needed to code (VCDS / VCP / ODIS etc) and what the coding is.

Does any one know if a Skoda (ideally the Superb) fitted with full KESSY can be coded so that the car automatically locks when the key goes out of range?

I know my L&K doesn't do this.

But it is something I think should be standard with kessy. I too would be interested to see if it can be coded

The Renault system was great but also had its drawbacks.

It was great that as you walked out of range the doors locked, windows closed and (if left on) the lights switched off.

But...

Not so handy for someone left sat in the car while you walked off to pay for fuel at the service station, hopped out to post a letter, dashed into the newsagent, etc.

I had to get into the habit of leaving the fob in the car if I had passengers.

On balance I'll stick with touching the door handle.

Two things I'll want to look at when I get my car is remote tailgate closing and auto-hold brake lights staying on.

The first has already been discussed here. I enabled the closing from the inside switch (and remote) on my Mk 2 estate but have rarely found the need to use it (having to manually slide the load cover closed kind of negates the convenience). As I'm switching to a hatch, remote closing will become a much greater convenience.

What I am confused about is that AFAIK this should already be standard on the SE L and L&K, according to the brochure...

Electrically operated boot - Enables the boot to open and close at the touch of a button; via the key, central panel or boot handle. The top position of the boot lid can also be adjusted to suit individual preferences

I'm presuming that the auto-hold will keep the brake lights switched on even after you take your foot off the brake pedal, as is apparently the case with Mercedes and BMW.

That's a feature I'd want to disable but a few people I've spoken to about it believe it to be a "safety feature" and that you won't be able to code it out.

I hope somebody can prove them wrong!

• Like 3

Two things I'll want to look at when I get my car is remote tailgate closing and auto-hold brake lights staying on.

The first has already been discussed here. I enabled the closing from the inside switch (and remote) on my Mk 2 estate but have rarely found the need to use it (having to manually slide the load cover closed kind of negates the convenience). As I'm switching to a hatch, remote closing will become a much greater convenience.

What I am confused about is that AFAIK this should already be standard on the SE L and L&K, according to the brochure...

Electrically operated boot - Enables the boot to open and close at the touch of a button; via the key, central panel or boot handle. The top position of the boot lid can also be adjusted to suit individual preferences

I confirm that closing with remote control works from the factory ;). Closing with the button on the central console though doesn't.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Noticed at the weekend that the electric tailgate cannot be closed from the button inside the car AGAIN!!

FFS Škoda sort it out! Hopefully this will a quick coding change as it was on the MKII.

It's not just Skoda. BMW are all the same. It's apparently a health and safety thing - and can be coded out. I cannot understand why it is seen as a 'safety' issue though, but someone said it had to be this way. No doubt there was a successful court case and all the manufacturers coded it out by default. Some will code it in again, but most won't.

Brake lights being on are most likely because the system is holding brake pressure on the brake hydraulics, so the lights stay on too. That's the way it works with other makes.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Electrically operated boot - Enables the boot to open and close at the touch of a button; via the key, central panel or boot handle.

I popped into a dealership and had a little play with the boot using the console switch on an SE L display model. When I pointed out the ambiguity between what the brochure states and what is actually the case I was told - oh, never noticed that, but we can programme that to work for you if you want. After a yes please there was a discussion by the staff in the workshop which resulted in - sorry, we can't because there's a safety issue.

At least it raised the hope that buried somewhere is the coding to enable it - now I just need to find it!!!

• Like 1

I popped into a dealership and had a little play with the boot using the console switch on an SE L display model. When I pointed out the ambiguity between what the brochure states and what is actually the case I was told - oh, never noticed that, but we can programme that to work for you if you want. After a yes please there was a discussion by the staff in the workshop which resulted in - sorry, we can't because there's a safety issue.

At least it raised the hope that buried somewhere is the coding to enable it - now I just need to find it!!!

Didn't the boot close with remote control?

But will it do that if the key is in the car and the engine running?

Interesting idea! And maybe you can try putting your arm out the window with key in hand and pressing button too. Might be best solution as opposed to having to get out and do it!

• Like 1

My boot won't close when pressing the button either. Opens alright but would be very handy to be able close it by the remote fob too

Yeah, tried this on mine today and the fob doesn't close the boot only the button on the boot lid can activate this which is a bit annoying

Yeah, tried this on mine today and the fob doesn't close the boot only the button on the boot lid can activate this which is a bit annoying

So the middle button on the remote control does not close the boot if you press and hold it?

Because if that is the case, I have a car that can do this from the factory, so then we just need to compare bits and bytes and ad. channels :) and maybe we can find a solutions. Can somebody send me coding scan and full ad. channels map?

PS: Do you have a saloon or an estate? Because I have tested it on the salon version.

So the middle button on the remote control does not close the boot if you press and hold it?

Because if that is the case, I have a car that can do this from the factory, so then we just need to compare bits and bytes and ad. channels :) and maybe we can find a solutions. Can somebody send me coding scan and full ad. channels map?

PS: Do you have a saloon or an estate? Because I have tested it on the salon version.

It is a hatch/saloon I have and tested from outside the car opening from key fob and then trying to close from fob also whilst still outside and engine off.

I haven't tried with engine running to see if it makes a difference though but don't see how it would make a difference.

It would be great to get it to close from fob if the button in cabin is not possible