VCDS options on Superb III

I find that Lane Assist is very late to react... The car is practically outside the lane before the steering nudges it back slightly but even then never quite back into the lane. Is that just me?

Do you have Predictive Lane Guidance (or something like that) under Drivers Assistants ticked?

Because without this it is really a challenge not to freak out :D .

Although also with this it is not 100% and you should not trust it.

• Like 1

I find that Lane Assist is very late to react... The car is practically outside the lane before the steering nudges it back slightly but even then never quite back into the lane. Is that just me?

Mine seems pretty responsive. It's a leap of faith the first time, but it's pretty good once it's activated.

Here is a video of few ''fails'' of Lane Assist in action in Octavia 3:

https://youtu.be/DPZbK3lk0oY?t=45s

I think that in Superb is slightly better but still far from being reliable, at least in my experience. You should treat it only as a safety system and not as a system that provides autonomous driving.

PS: Please neglect that plastic bottle. :D

Just activated Lane Assist with help from another member. That's a nice feature combined with ACC and DSG!

Are to share the coding for others that may want this activating? 

• Like 1

Are to share the coding for others that may want this activating?

Yes, bit it might be better to wait a little, since even the newest Beta of VCDS is still missing the label files for A5. So it's easy to create some trouble :). It needs to be ticked off in 17 and 44. Then three adaptions in 5F and one or two places in A5.

The A5 needs to be verified if it is only one or two codings and codings on 44 is not the same for all modules, because there are different modules out there which have even different number ob Bytes. So it should not be done just by ticking BIT-s according to instructions, but you need to use a grain of salt.

I expect to verify A5 coding tomorrow on one Superb...

Edited by mtl

Works very very well on mine. Always keeps me in the middle of the lane, nudging me/correcting my path continuously.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

The A5 needs to be verified if it is only one or two codings and codings on 44 is not the same for all modules, because there are different modules out there which have even different number ob Bytes. So it should not be done just by ticking BIT-s according to instructions, but you need to use a grain of salt.

I expect to verify A5 coding tomorrow on one Superb...

There is a label file for 44, so just tick the box saying LA... I ticked two boxes in A5 and do not have any errors. Edited by GaSelle

Here is a video of few ''fails'' of Lane Assist in action in Octavia 3

Not sure weighting up the steering wheel with a drinks bottle helps. It may be sensing that as driver input?

I think it shows though that the system is indeed lane *assist* rather than lane control; anyone who delegates full responsibility to the system is asking for trouble!

• Like 1

Not sure weighting up the steering wheel with a drinks bottle helps. It may be sensing that as driver input?

I think it shows though that the system is indeed lane *assist* rather than lane control; anyone who delegates full responsibility to the system is asking for trouble!

Same situations occured also without the bottle.

Hmm... Perhaps there is a setting that Im missing as mine genuinely does not keep the vehicle in lane at all. It simply veers off and oddly tries to correct itself but fails miserably... Even worse than all the clips from mtl's video! Will browse through Columbus settings tonight.

Edited by Dilz

Yep, I hadn't checked "Adaptive Lane Guidance" lol.

Didn't have a chance to test but hopefully that will be the problem solved.

• Like 1

Yep, I hadn't checked "Adaptive Lane Guidance" lol.

Didn't have a chance to test but hopefully that will be the problem solved.

It will not be 100% solved, but it should be much, much better and the level of freaking out will definitely lower :).

I had the same experience when I first tested it on a colleagues car. He said that it was garbage and was almost sorry he had ordered it.

So I did the test and could not believe that it is so bad. Stopped the car, went through settings and found this. Box ticked and much, much better functioning, but sadly not yet perfect. Well, I at least stopped freaking out on straight line :).

There is only one camera for Superb, unlike the Octavia. If you have the camera, it should be possible to enable LA. The power steering actuates the steering.

Folks, any idea why in the VCDS 15.7.4
I could enable this

Enabling rear lights with DRLs

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht - change to active

But when I try to do this 

Enabling DRLs menu in the MIB2

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

(2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich - change to active

I get error code that its not possible. Its just an example.

Also for Enabling Traffic Sign Recognition on models with Lane Assist

I could do:

Controller 5F (Information Electrical)
10 - Adaptations
Select channel: (63) Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21
Adjust Value to activated

and

Channel: (151) Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_menu_display_road_sign_identification
Adjust Value to activated

But

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)
07 - Coding
Byte 1
Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"
&
Controller 5F (Information Electr.)
07 - Coding
Byte 24 Bit 6 - untick Traffic Sign Display (VZA) active
&
Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)
07 - Coding
Byte 16
Bit 4 - tick this box (currently there are no descriptions for A5 longcoding)

coding failed with explanation that is not possible?

Yes, Lane Assist can be activated with VCDS IF you have the camera (A5) in the front window (used for High Beam Assist and/or Traffic Sign Recognition).

Yes, Lane Assist can be activated with VCDS IF you have the camera (A5) in the front window (used for High Beam Assist and/or Traffic Sign Recognition).

So if you order TSR (£85 option in UK) you can activate lane assist (£850 option on SE L) through VCDS? That seems crazy, am I misunderstanding something? (I am new here!)

If that's right, I need to contact my dealer and get TSR added on...