First drive after H&R rarb.

Stug

WOW just WOW am I happy, I just can't believe the difference this H&R rarb has made. Anybody who has thought about fitting one just do it!! After reading all the positive comments and threads on here and talking to Gumby at Rockingham I just had to do it. IMO it has totally transformed the handling! Going round a few corners probably pushing a bit to hard the front just kept gripping while the rear tyres were singing out and flipping heck I must say it put a massive smile on my face. I loved my car before but now even more!! So I now have - Stage 1 APR remap , Eibach lowering springs and the H&R RARB

So what should I do next I wonder.............?

Take the weights of the back?

I've got a h&r rarb I think it was one of the 1st things I brought for the car.

Does seem to make a difference (with the weights removed). Car does seem more responsive & less tendency for front wheel spin - especially in the wet. Doesn't appear to affect handling in any situation I've been in.

Does seem to make a difference (with the weights removed). Car does seem more responsive & less tendency for front wheel spin - especially in the wet. Doesn't appear to affect handling in any situation I've been in.

+2

So what should I do next I wonder.............?

If you are still running the stock size tyres then going to 215/40r17 tyres will help greatly. Federal RSR's are great value for money. However to make the most of the new tyres some wider rims (7.5 or 8") will work nicely with them. 17x8 et.35 rims with 215/40r17 tyre is as wide as you need and JUST fit inside the guards.

Having been where you are now 12 months ago, your car will be feeling pretty sweet right now but just to let you know it can still get a lot better.

Edited by mmmRacer
  • Like 3

Two things I have wondered about rarb....

1. If you car is already lowered does the roll bar hang down much,maybe catching speed bumps etc?

And 2. Would I be correct in thinking it reduces body roll/tip angle....? If I take a sharp corner too fast for example my boy may tip slightly in his car seat.

(Not that I drive too fast)

Two things I have wondered about rarb....

1. If you car is already lowered does the roll bar hang down much,maybe catching speed bumps etc?

And 2. Would I be correct in thinking it reduces body roll/tip angle....? If I take a sharp corner too fast for example my boy may tip slightly in his car seat.

(Not that I drive too fast)

I haven't had mine catch on anything and its on h&r 40mm drop.

It does lessen body roll. Doesn't completely eradicate it though.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry for some reason my lap top won't let me MultiQoute or Quote.

Thanks for all your replys and advice-

Ant-Vrs, I might be being stupid but where are these weights and how easy are they to remove?

mmmRacer, Yes I am still running stock tyres so I may try different rims or tyres in the near future. Its good to know it can get even better!

Stug they are tucked away nicely behind the bumper. Remove the rear bumper and you shall see, you can't miss them.

Brilliant thankyou LGM, that will be my next job then!

• 5 months later...

Just the Mk2 Fabia vRS Hatch, not the Estate which was said to be 5KG lighter than the hatch unladen,

but was 9 3/4 longer and had stronger rear springs.

(So actually 20 kg heavier when compared to a hatch with weights removed, and when weighed properly and accurately even heavier than that.)

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

Installation went on yesterday, a bit of a squeeze to fit between the shocks mounts. I wonder if the HA4 (for 6Y, 3cm narrower) would not be better suited for our car ...

Anyway, now the driving is much better ! This is how this car should be from factory !!

And good news, my insurance doesn't change with this addition :)

• Like 2

must say.. even im tempted for a RARB on the HTP. It does roll abit in the corners. With a RARB it should roll less but lose no comfort, am i right? 

Whats putting me off is that then id have to declare it to the insurance, and insuring a completely standard car is so much easier :D 

I like roll into corners, and suspension if on yumps and humps & nothing too stiff to get any bounce,

so not a ARB fan.

If everyone was they could be fitted as standard at the factory, maybe even choices of stiffness / adjustability.

(like on proper Hot Hatches)

Installation went on yesterday, a bit of a squeeze to fit between the shocks mounts. I wonder if the HA4 (for 6Y, 3cm narrower) would not be better suited for our car ...

Anyway, now the driving is much better ! This is how this car should be from factory !!

And good news, my insurance doesn't change with this addition :)

I imagine they don't fit them as standard as they introduce oversteer, which most people might find difficult to correct or deal with.  I agree it should have been fitted as standard though, as I too find it improves the handling a great deal. 

Having said that, I can understand that it isn't for everyone.  It's your car, to do what you like with :)

• Like 1