Name one thing that annoys you....

The cruise control on the stick is something they've had for a decade or more,a hangover from when it was an afterthought, I would expect it to have been changed by now. I've got a Mondeo as well but that's all clearly laid out on the wheel in clear view.

If you go into the SMS option on the Columbus your message should still be there when connected via bluetooth ... If you go to the SMS option you can download the message to your phone... Not sure if this can be done automatically..

attachicon.gifCapture1.JPG

Thanks very much for that, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The position of the cruise control annoys me. I always indicate left by mistake when I switch it on. Probably just me being heavy handed, I've been driving a van for 5 years :).

Also the twin door. I my opinion it's totally pointless and I'd rather have a rear wiper instead.

Other than that, the car is Superb!!

The position of the cruise control annoys me. I always indicate left by mistake when I switch it on. Probably just me being heavy handed, I've been driving a van for 5 years :).

Also the twin door. I my opinion it's totally pointless and I'd rather have a rear wiper instead.

Other than that, the car is Superb!!

I agree on the cruise control though, too much of an afterthought on a car that's knocking on the door of the premium segment. You'd be pleased with the new model then. These issues have all been addressed. Separate stalk for cruise, hatch only and rear wiper option on the hatch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fragile wiring on the twindoor hinge, which decided to break on Thursday, and will require spending hours fixing it once the rain stops.

The fragile wiring on the twindoor hinge, which decided to break on Thursday, and will require spending hours fixing it once the rain stops.

Some of the wiring is surprisingly weak alright. I was in a 2013 model a few weeks ago and electric windows and mirrors didn't work - when I checked the loom in the door it had completely shredded. Only 20k Kms on the car too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two LEDs behind the top edge of the speedometer that aren't lighting up anymore. The speedo and fuel needles are attached too firmly to the stepper motor shafts for me to risk pulling any harder than I've tried, preventing me from getting to the PCB and resoldering it. The rest of the disassembly job is less than 15 mins including removing from the car. Even though it's still readable I'm annoyed by it every time I use the car after dark, which is at least one long drive a week...

When changing gear hit my elbow on the armrest. Other than that a fantastic car

At least you've learnt a valuable life lesson.............

Next time buy a DSG. :D

• Like 4

Following from a post earlier where a member had solid PREMIUM connection with his Galaxy S6 and Virgin SIM,  my free Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM card arrived today... topped up with £10.00 just to be safe, and is now installed in my old Galaxy S3 which is unlocked.... 

I have just paired it to the Superb, so I will see if my issue is down to my Vodafone SIM/network when I use the car over the weekend... FINGERS CROSSED Lol  

If so at least I know what the issue is ... All the handsets I have tried have been Vodafone... 

If, and I do hope it's an "if" it fixes it I will be happy knowing the reason and it is the Vodafone network... As I have just upgraded the phone a few months ago I am stuck with them for another 18 months, but at least I know the reason...

What I may do if it does, is top up every now and again on the Virgin Mobile account just to keep it going and the number/SIM active, then use that as a "dummy phone/SIM card" in the car, (leave the S3 handset in the car all the time) and just divert my Vodafone handset (Note 4) to that number... that way I keep my number and a good connection.. If you know what I mean

I am a little sceptical that it will work as I can go 2-3 weeks with no issue, then like last weekend, Saturday and Sunday it disconnected, but only on the return trip... damn strange issue!

The current trash weather :rain:  :rain:  :rain: and still some drivers speeding,tail gating,not using lights when there is almost zero spray visibility,lane changing with no indication,cars with steamed up windows trying to negotiate traffic. To name just a few.

Well my car is staying parked up and I am off to the pub :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :dance: = :drunk:

The Bolero unit in my car which makes noises that sound like the CD player is shuffling when the ignition is off. If I turn off the car ignition and stay inside I can hear it and also when I get in the car before I turn on the ignition. What's all that about!

The Bolero unit in my car which makes noises that sound like the CD player is shuffling when the ignition is off. If I turn off the car ignition and stay inside I can hear it and also when I get in the car before I turn on the ignition. What's all that about!

Isn't it the HDD booting the unit ready for you to use and shutting it all down again after you turn off the ignition.... Don't forget they are just basic computers now.

Isn't it the HDD booting the unit ready for you to use and shutting it all down again after you turn off the ignition.... Don't forget they are just basic computers now.

Nope mine does it too. It's possibly the laser head in the CD player retracting and parking.

It appears to go through each of the 6 trays in turn.

Having to press and hold the lock button on the keyfob to get the door mirrors to fold.

An extra position on the internal adjustment knob that you could leave it in allowing the mirrors to fold as the car is locked, without having to press and hold (like most other manufacturers).

I'm fed up of having to look back at the car to check they have folded or walking backwards for a few seconds whilst they start to fold. 

• Like 2

Nope mine does it too. It's possibly the laser head in the CD player retracting and parking.

It appears to go through each of the 6 trays in turn.

Ahhhh i misread the original post.... I didn't notice it was a Bolero and not a Columbus. The Columbus HDD can be heard spinning up when you first get in the car and after the ignition is turned off as it shuts down etc....

Having to press and hold the lock button on the keyfob to get the door mirrors to fold.

An extra position on the internal adjustment knob that you could leave it in allowing the mirrors to fold as the car is locked, without having to press and hold (like most other manufacturers).

I'm fed up of having to look back at the car to check they have folded or walking backwards for a few seconds whilst they start to fold. 

Mine (March this year) has the fold position on the internal adjustment knob.

But what annoys me is that you cannot see it (Would be fine on left hand drive)