Aux in and USB playback

Hi Guys,

Was recently looking to fit an aux in to my 2005 Fabia VRS, I have the symphony head unit. I stumbled across this on ebay http://r.ebay.com/jeAS75 and decided to give it a go for the price. It is a great bit of kit and works flawlessly I would highly recommend getting one if you fancy an aux in and usb playback with the standard head. I think it works with a range of VAG units. The install takes minutes once you manage to get the blasted head unit out   :finger: but now its in i am delighted with it as i like the stock look  B)

• Like 1

You can put them anywhere really, I've got mine to the glovebox so if I leave an iPod in it isn't on show so I don't have to worry.

Can put it to the tray under the radio

The ashtray or infront of it

Storage under steering wheel

Or tray I the rich of the drivers knee.

Is this the kit that plugs into the cd changer slot? (If you have a cd changer slot that is).

Does it replace the cd playing ability, I'd love a connector that allows me to use both the cd changer and an aux/USB for iPod.

JRJG

Is this the kit that plugs into the cd changer slot? (If you have a cd changer slot that is).

Does it replace the cd playing ability, I'd love a connector that allows me to use both the cd changer and an aux/USB for iPod.

JRJG

There is one, look at the Connects 2 site.

http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductInformation.aspx?id=11636&p=CTASKUSB001

J.

Think I'll go for the first one.

Question, will it work this my stereo? (pictured)

The Fabia is a 56 plate. Reason I ask is when people say you can activate it by selecting the cd changer yet this does not have the option(?),

Thoughts?

post-98064-0-49886400-1441030849_thumb.jpg

Just as an aside, as I think it might interest some of you running a connects2, or similar... In my car, I have a USB power adapter in the tray in from of the ashtray with one of these plugged into it...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Semlos-Portable-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Streaming/dp/B00MVL6X70/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1441035419&sr=1-2&keywords=bluetooth+audio+usb+receiver

The lead from the connects2 plugs straight into this, with the cable shoved up the gap behind the centre console, allowing me to stream music to the stereo wirelessly over bluetooth from my phone. I just plug in the power adapter when I get in the car to wake everything up and my phone connects automatically. Sound quality is great and it saves on wires trailing everywhere too. The adapter has spare USBs available to charge the phone as I drive too.

Was just thinking about space behind the stereo for the box, is there enough to stick it there?

If not, was thinking stick it on the underside of the central console but will still have loads of cable. What are people's thoughts?

Everything will fit behind the stereo, loads of space. I fitted mine to the same radio that you have. Just plug in the plug and then unscrew one of the screws on the back of the radio to connect the ground wire job done. 

For aux playback just plug in the aux cable and start playing music press CD on the radio and you will hear sound.

For USB play back you can only have 6 folders of 99 songs in each folder. just press CD and then use 1-6 on radio to select folder in usb device. 

I have just dropped cables down to the tray and can pull out extra cable if needed. I currently use the USB playback the most and have fed all the cable slack up into the void behind the radio. The unit is nice and tidy and there is no cable rattle. 

Hardest part of the instal is getting the blasted radio out, after that it took 2 mins to install and refit everything. One you have the radio and bottom cubby out you will see all the free space.