skoda superb running on three cylinders,injector reading stuck at 2.99

lali

skoda superb saloon 2 litre common rail, running on three cylinders and injector one reading is stuck at 2.99.  No fault codes and injector and wiring have been replaced.

Ok sound's like a high positive deviation reading on injector one. 2.99 is very high. So its likely that the control plunger inside the piezo injector is not closing fully. Reading should be around zero. So . ....sounds like injector no1 is faulty. He could confirm this by swapping no1 over to no2 and taking the readings . If a new injector is required it will need to be coded afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dont know about the Skoda/VAG range but on Fords the coding has caused considerable confusion, the order of firing and the number of the cylinder getting confused on the readout on certain diagnostics and certain engines accepting codes then not storing them.

as Arnie said "5hit happens"

Try talking to

Cheltenham Diesel Auto Electrical Services

Townsend Street   (just past the Horse and Jockey on the right hand side)

Tel 515342

(No connection with them, but 90% certain your garage will be dealing with them locally, and you might as well try going direct to the experts)

• 4 weeks later...

update for the problem with my car so far.  Two problems, the misfire was a bent conrod.  the rattle at idle I have been told is the flywheel.  getting this done tomorrow so will update if all is cured.  Shane at SWADS found out the engine problem in one day.  Engine sweet as a nut again now to sort out that rattle

How the heck did that happen? People who seriously modify their engines (In a more than doubling the power output kind of way) are the only ones I've heard of running in to this. Was it on the cylinder with the injector issue?

The only way I can think of for water damage to do this is if enough water gets taken into the engine instead of air to fill the cylinder and stall out the engine thanks to water being effectively incompressible compared to air. Usually if this happens the whole engine is probably dead and you'll definitely notice it when it happens as you'll probably be in a couple of feet of water.