Map Updates

Just purchased a superb MK2 2013 Elegance,My Map cd is 2008,so no full postcode etc.

Having difficulty getting the right disc from dealer,can anybody let me know what version should have come with my car.

Im in the Milton Keynes area,perhaps someone can help me with an upload of there disc to my hardrive on Columbus.

many thanks

My car is a 2012 and has 7 digit post codes so something is not right (obviously) and I did not have a CD as it came preloaded. Did you get the car from a dealer? If yes then they should update date it anyway and as I stated earlier 2008, not right.

It sounds like the original unit was faulty at some point and has been replaced by an old unit.

Damo had this on his used 2012 SuperB which came with a Columbus manufactured in 2008. He took it back to the dealer and asked for a new unit as that one was so old it couldn't be updated much at all. I think he also spoke to Skoda UK who said they would back him up if the dealership wouldn't replace the Columbus.

Does your Columbus have a 'TRAFFIC' button or does it have a 'TMC' button? The oldest units have a TRAFFIC button which was changed to TMC after a couple of years.

Perhaps the car didn't have sat nav fitted as standard ad someone bought a Columbus and installed it. In that case the maps will be as old as the unit, and the postcode search would imply that the unit is around 6 years old.

It's an elegance so would have had a Columbus with satnav from new.