VRS weight

coskev

Weighed mine today when weighing in some scrap, 1300kg with £60's worth of derv in the tank.

Anyone else weighed there's out of interest? :)

I put one on corner scales with almost a full tank and it was exactly the same.  1,300kg.

No driver.

Price you pay for having all the safety equipment, and strengthening on even small hatchbacks.

I think anyone who could get the Fabia vRS down to a 1000kg wouldn't have much of a car left LOL

My Yeti was originally over 1,500kg, we have removed 150kg and with lighter panels for all 4 doors, bonnet and boot will hopefully get a total of 250kg off it, despite fitting a heavier engine, gearbox and rear diff.

On the stock drivetrain we'd have probably got around 300kg off.  But 60kg of that is the self supporting rear seats which the Fabia doesn't have.

I don't think it would be possible to make a 1,000kg Fabia diesel and to have it still road legal.

Unless you put a lighter engine in.

hmm.I think 1000kg would be doable but a lot of work, there is a lot of stuff in mine that could be lighter or removed completely. I can't remember how much the cage itself weighs but sure to be 35-40 kg with the mounts etc. sump guard is heavy and I needed to reinforce all the front end with roll cage tube to mount it off. stripping the crap out if the wiring loom saved a bit of weight too. I'm still on glass windows so lexan would save more and stuff like seat mounts are pretty over engineered in mine. grinder and spot weld drill to get much more tho I guess.

I did look at milling all the excess mountings off the engine block too lol

Gramps - don't forget you normally leave your wallet and walking stick in the car, the wallet alone would be a good 20kg....

I dread to think what your lardy daffodil weighs with all those optional extras!!! :D

I put one on corner scales with almost a full tank and it was exactly the same.  1,300kg.

No driver..

Ah right good to know :)

Was that on standard vrs wheels etc?

Ah right good to know :)

Was that on standard vrs wheels etc?

No, but they weighed about the sa,=me.

17", but lighter design.  Wouldn't hve been much in it.

They are heavy little hatchbacks.

Not really due to the heavy shell on it's own, it's the 6 speed box and big old lump of iron that makes the power.

That's why the petrol models are so much lighter and handle better due to better weight distribution.

Possibly why the 1.8t conversion is so popular.

Sound deadening, rear wiper, air con out, lighter seats, stripped interior, lighter wheels/brakes list goes on

Ditch the spare wheel or get a space+weight saver.

Possibly why the 1.8t conversion is so popular.

They are? Feck... I need to get rid of mine and get something less mainstream :(

Would like to get mine on a weighbridge at some point :)

They are? Feck... I need to get rid of mine and get something less mainstream :(

Popular compared to how they were.

Used to be a couple, now more like six or seven.