Water collecting in sills

BobbyG79

Hi all, as a result of the rather damp weather we've been experiencing I've noticed that rain water appears to collect around the door sills until the door is opened (when it all runs off).

Any idea why it's not draining?

I have noticed this too in my Octavia vRS, a lot of the rain water is collected towards the bottom of the door sills but then again my vehicle is parked outside my drop curbed driveway which is on a slope so its always the passenger side that seems to collect the water as oppose to the drivers side, but when I open the passengers doors, the rain does seem to run off, I always keep a microfibre cloth to hand so I can wipe down the sills, it is a nuisance :( 

Having noticed it with the Yeti yet, have only washed it once, but I notice that a similar thing happens with the TT.

Wash it and dry it and when I open the doors water runs out by the hinge side of the door. As said, the seals must be holding the water back.  

Wash it and dry it and when I open the doors water runs out by the hinge side of the door. As said, the seals must be holding the water back.

Before drying my Octy Scout I open all the doors to let the water drain out. The back is fine, but a fair amount comes out from the front doors at the hinges. It is then I start to dry the car.

I give the door seals a wipe down with Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner applied via a dish sponge when cleaning the interior. Not sure if it is because I do this, but at 5 years old and over 70k miles, there doesn't appear to be any discolouration or visible cracking/damage to the seals.

I occasionally use a high pressure washer and am amazed how dust beyond the door seal is not caught.

Seals seem to be v effective both at denying and trapping.

Having noticed it with the Yeti yet, have only washed it once, but I notice that a similar thing happens with the TT.

Opened the doors on the Yeti this morning after overnight rain and water ran out.

Had this on both our yeti's.

Only when parked on the drive though.

Sloping up, from rear to front and sloping up from near side to offside.

Water always gathers on the near side front sill.

The wife always used to get wet feet opening the door but she's used to it now.